E30 S50 SWAP - Street legal track car combo
Price: - Item location: Manotick, Ontario, Canada
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 325i
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 106,000
- VIN: WBAAD1304H8830369
- Color: Black
- Engine size: S50 - 1995
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 BMW 3-Series 325iAcquired by the previous owner in 2006 as a very stock 325i and then slowly and thoughfully built it into a very capable track car over his ten years of ownership. As both the previous owner and myself are now BMW HPDE instructors, this e30 setup has served us both as an outstanding and forgiving learning tool at the HPDEs as we've advanced up through the ranks while surprising a lot of guys in their Porsches! The previous owner moved on to CHUMP car racing. I'm phasing into retirement later this year and moving away from the track to scratch a classic car restoration itch while I still can.
About this e30 S50 build by the builder ... https://youtu.be/5N4supm466AA few sample laps with the current owner ... https://youtu.be/qQ8vPF9FB2MA brief street cruise with the current owner .... https://youtu.be/MYXuldiX6ZI
- late '95 S50 engine with approx 105,000 miles at time of swap (odometer matches engine mileage)
- TRM chipped
- Vanos U/G
- Rebuilt G260 trans by Drive-gear. about 2 or 3 years old.
- 3.25 limited slip rear end is an excellent match for the S50 and the gearing works beautifully on most autocrosses courses as well.
- newer Spec stage 2 clutch
- Massive sport kit brakes (Wilwood) - Fresh HAWK HP+ front pads, BMW stock pads rear
- stainless braided brake and clutch lines
- AKG DTM shifter
- Complete Ground-Control setup with adjustable konis, shortened housings, and camber plates
- strut tower bars front and rear
- billet rear shock mounts
- UUC Swaybarbarians sway bars
- all urethane bushings throughout (can be noisy)
- corner balanced and aligned by Speed Syndicate in St. Pete, FL
- TRM 4x100 et20 15x8 wheels Hankook RS3 tires 225-45-15
- e36 M3 steering rack
- mileage unknown but very good condition
- late model valences front and rear
- paint refreshed, a few small blems in surface prep - looks nice!
- 2 Sparco bucket seats with G-Force harnesses
- Drivers side Schroth Profi II Hans compatible 5 pt harness
- Pass side - older GForce harness
- rear interior removed
- VSR roll bar
- front carpet is still in place and pretty beat
- Pretty rare BBS rear Heckspoiler
- AC delete
- Windshield washer tank and nozzle delete. Wipers functional
- Ram air intake through drivers side high beam housing
- Radio antenna delete - Sony in dash system operates but no am/fm signal due to antenna delete
- Bumper tuck front and rear and painted to match body for monochromatic look
- Aluminum trim black out (Plasti-dip) for monochromatic look.
- rear windows have not worked since I've owned the car
- Drivers window switch is temperamental. I believe its the pigtail as I've swapped out the switch and bench tested the motor as good.
- Sunroof has been inoperable since I purchased the car. Not an issue for me so I never attended to it.
- Wear spot on drivers left side seat bolster
- Rubber exterior weatherstrip cracked - front passenger side window