1973 BME 2002 "ROUNDIE" - RUST FREE WESTERN CAR - TURBO FLARES & UPGRADES - INCA
Price: US $4,550.00 Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2002
- SubModel: "ROUNDIE"
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2 DOOR COUPE
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 9,408
- VIN: 2586395
- Color: INCA ORANGE
- Engine size: 2.0 LITER
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4-SPEED
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: BLACK
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 BMW 2002 "ROUNDIE"
1973 BMW 2002
1973 BMW 2002 2-Door Sedan in Classic Inca Orange w/ Black Interior
A Solid, ust-free West Coast Car; Nearly Stock Mechanically
Recent Complete Tune-up, ew Clutch and New Brakes
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, onsiderations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, e continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, f you are not prepared to read the full listing, lease scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, lease call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the BMW and answer any questions over the telephone, ncluding our "Buy it Now" policy. Yes, he BMW can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, NGINE, NDERCARRIAGE, TC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS BMW, UT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, OU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, LEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE BMW. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT "PHOTO-SHOP" OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, nlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, ou will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 21+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 850+ positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, uitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, onded (for the financial transaction), ully insured, nd operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, nd specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, lease let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, res.
Classic Cars Ltd.
DETAILS-THIS PARTICULAR 1973 BMW 2002
This solid, ust-free BMW began its life in sunny Arizona and is reported as being a West Coast car its entire life. Inspection of typical rust-prone areas supports that the car has never been exposed to harsh Midwest / East Coast weather. Also, here are no signs of accident damage or repairs. The car has a current title and bears VIN # 2586395. The odometer currently reads 9408 miles and, ased on the age of the BMW, ust be deemed as "total miles unknown."
MAINTENANCE AND IMPROVEMENTS
In April 2015, complete tune-up was completed along with a 4-wheel brake job including front calipers, ront wheel bearings, nd rear cylinders. Then, n May 2015, new clutch was installed.
The only apparent mechanical improvement is the replacement of the stock Solex carburetor with a Weber downdraft carburetor. The body has been slightly modified by the addition of "turbo flares", iving the car an aggressive appearance, lus BMW 320i alloy wheels, nd 185/70R13 tires. Although these tires and wheels fill the wheel wells nicely, here is sufficient room to accommodate a larger size should the new owner so choose. Hella style driving lights add a nice touch to the front bumper and are, f course, ully functional and operated by a toggle switch on the center console.
Inside, n attractive Nardi Torino wooden steering wheel has been added. The car also has a rare, eriod correct, ecker Europa AM/FM stereo.
- Stock BMW M10 1990 cc I4 engine
- Weber downdraft carburetion
- Newer "Batteries Plus" battery
- Stock 4-speed manual transmission, ully synchromesh
- Upgraded dual piston front disc
- Rear drum brakes; newly refurbished
- Working emergency brake
- Bilstein shock absorbers
- New clutch
- BMW 320i alloy wheels
- 185/70R13 tires w/ 9/32" remaining tread
- Factory 3-point seat belts in front / black
- Rear shoulder harnesses (black)
- Padded dash in very good condition
- Highly sought after Inca Orange paint with good coverage
- Dent-free front and rear bumpers w/ minor chrome flaws
- Good glass all around with only a few pits and scratches
- Both side windows roll easily; both vent windows open easily; rear side windows
pop out as designed
- Both doors, he hood and trunk lid open and close smartly
- Hella style driving lights on front bumper
- Chrome exhaust tip
- Radio antenna on driver's side A pillar
- Driver's side rear view mirror
- Black seats; bottom of driver's seat needs upholstery, ll others good
- Metal side frames on front seats need repaint
- Black carpet all in good condition; front BMW logo mats (driver's side is worn)
- Gray headliner in good condition w/ sun visors
- Beautiful Nardi Torino wooden steering wheel
- Rare, eriod correct Becker Europa II AM/FM stereo w/ Infinity speakers in each door
- Electric rear window defogger
- Excellent trunk condition w/ 2 black floor pads
- Stock jack and full size spare tire
The entire car is solid and rust-free, ncluding the trunk floor, he rocker panels, nd under the doors. The Inca Orange paint coverage is good "driver quality" with some expected imperfections. All glass is good with few pits and scratches. Both bumpers are dent free but have a few chrome flaws. The driver's side of the grille is missing the top bar. The remainder of the trim is stock and in good overall condition.
On the interior, nly the driver's seat bottom needs replacing. All else is presentable while much of the interior components remain appear to be original to the BMW. The Nardi steering wheel is an attractive addition. All weatherstrip, lthough older, s quite functional.
The engine compartment is very clean and presentable. The valve cover is finished in black wrinkle paint. Similarly, he underside of the car has been detailed in black paint and is very presentable. The trunk is remarkably solid for a 42 year old car.
OK, e'll admit it, e're not totally objective when it comes to the 70"s 2002s. We have loved these cars since "the day" and owned several when they were just a few years old.
BMW won its reputation in the 1960s / 1970's because its cars were comfortable, ractical, nd easy to drive--in addition to being just plain fast. This is the combination that defines BMW. As the 2002 developed into the 3-Series, t became highly respected but larger, ore complicated and faster. Some would argue that the original simplicity of the 2002 as a true sporting sedan was lost. After all, t was the early BMW 2002 that first led Americans to turn their hymnals to verse 2002.
A recent drive in the BMW took us away from the office with the staff asking "Where in the heck did he go". Well, he answer has to do with our most recent arrival, bright Inca Orange 2002 that was parked in the reserved spot just waiting to go for a drive on a beautiful, unny California day.
As we take our place behind the wheel, e are reminded of the excellent "greenhouse" vision provide by the "02." You sit relatively high and the narrow front and rear pillars provide unobstructed visibility in all directions. A glance at the dash provides a reminder that the 2002 characterizes functional German engineering at its best. It is simple yet well designed and purposeful.
Due to the addition of the upgraded Weber downdraft carburetor, he BMW starts easily but takes a few minutes to warm up and run smoothly. Once the idle settles down the car runs smoothly at just below 1,000 rpm. The engine is free from any noises and the car does not have any significant fluid leakage. The recently replaced clutch engages without fuss and the shifting is characteristically short and firm. The BMW is tight, ree from rattles and squeaks and surprisingly tight for a collector coupe that is over 40 years old.
Once underway, he BMW offers excellent performance from a smooth-running engine, ommunicative steering, nd a supple ride. The steering on this car is tight with virtually no play; the brakes stop the car straight and sure due to the recently improved dual piston front disc brakes. The inspection of the underside reveals fresh, pgraded Bilstein shocks and a dry, olid, ust free chassis and floor.
As you begin to drive you also appreciate the "green-house" affect that the 3.0CS offers allowing for great visibility. Additionally you are reminded that the driving position is excellent and that the car would make a great long distance touring car in addition to being a practical, fast and fun every day or weekend car for use on those twisty back roads.
Once you gain momentum it is clear that this car is noticeably quicker than a stock CS Coupe and an analysis of the car numbers supports our seat of the pants impressions. As a result of the considerable later drive-line components, he car runs and drives like a considerably newer BMW. The suspension is taut, ell damped and the steering precise and certain. The braking system is entirely rebuilt and the car stops straight and sure. The emergency brake is properly adjusted and fully functional.
This particular car runs and drives well and is ready to enjoy. The car was recently "freshened" and would also make a wonderful choice for local road rallies' like the California Melee or Snowball Rally or any number of similar road rallies around the country.
Simply stated, he BMW 2002 is the hot-looking partner that you've been seeking, ill enjoy on your first date, nd never tire of spending time with.
- California smog test not required for vehicles 1975 and older
- Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers, turn signals, ights, rakes, tc.
- Black carpet dash pad
- Two new radiator hoses in trunk
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE 1973 BMW 2002
- BMW M10 single overhead cam I4 engine, 990 cc, nclined at 30 degrees
- 94 hp @ 5500 rpm, 16 lb-ft torque @ 3500 rpm
- 0-62 mph in 11 sec
- Top speed 106 mph
- 4 speed manual synchromesh transmission
- Wheelbase 98.4 inches
HISTORY OF THE BMW 2002
The BMW New Class was a line of compact sedans and coupes produced by German automaker BMW between 1962 and 1977. The New Class ensured BMW's solvency after the company's financial crisis of the 1950s and established the identity of BMW automobiles as sports sedans. The term New Class referred to the 1.5-2 liter class of automobiles from which BMW had been absent since World War II.
Initially a series of four-door sedans, he New Class line was broadened to include two-door coupes in 1965. Using the engine and suspension of the original four-door design in a smaller and lighter two-door unit body, he 02 series, specially the 2002, aught auto enthusiasts' attention and established BMW as an international brand. The 2002, produced from 1968-1975, s one of BMW's most famous automobile models. Its popularity cemented the company's reputation for compact sporting sedans and served as forerunner of the BMW 3 Series.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, e recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, ut not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, xterior, op, hrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, icensing by the state, nd a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, rievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, ransport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, mall, alifornia town for over 21 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", ndoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, onsignment, nd purchase of sports, igh performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, rivate owners and collectors, nd many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, ith excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, nd around the country. As a result, e do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, alvage sales, r lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, r those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
We have sold hundreds of unique, lassic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, r through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, omplete, nd thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, erminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 850 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, onded, nd licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, e find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, alifornia buyers will be subject
to sales tax, documentation fee, MV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, ales-tax, icense/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, f you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, tc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this BMW by serious, ualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, e make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, nd highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, tanding in the community, length of time in business, nd other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, icks, cratches, tc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, r even a relatively new, sed "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, wnership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, hese cars require regular, ngoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, nd understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, ollector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, n some instances, as been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, e are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
Body Type / Style:Coupe Exterior Color:Inca Orange Interior Color:Black Engine:4 Cylinder Transmission: 4 Speed Manual Mileage:9408 Drive:Rear Doors:2
Becker Europa II AM/FM
Exempt From Smog in California
Factory Bucket Seats
Factory In-Dash Tachometer
Fog / Driving Lights
Front Disc Brakes
Heater / Defroster
Nardi Steering Wheel
Rear Bench Seat
Seat Belts (Frt. & Rear)
Spare Tire & Jack
Terms & Conditions
- Buyers outside of California will be responsible for a $195.00 fee for processing/administration. The charge will apply if the vehicle is purchased through ebay or before or after the auction, directly through Classic Cars Ltd.
- The vehicle is listed for sale elsewhere. We reserve the right to end the auction at anytime. We will be glad to discuss details of a "pre-auction" purchase (925) 846 1451.
- Inspections of vehicles are encouraged but (by appointment only) must be completed within 24 hours of the end of the auction.
- Out of state buyers are responsible for the high bid and any shipping costs. California buyers are subject to the appropriate sales tax, MV transfer, nd fees associated with the purchase of any used vehicle sale in the state of California.
- To avoid shipping the title with the car to our out of state buyers, e mail the title via Priority Mail.
- While shipping and transportation costs (if appropriate) are the responsibility of the winning bidder, e can assist with locating a suitable transporter. We regularly ship cars all over the USA/World, nd can often times locate very competitive rates for transporting vehicles door to door, o a local terminal, nclosed, pen, etc. Please call us for specific information/rates to your location.
- We meet some great people and fellow enthusiasts, and only rarely do we have problems with non-paying bidders. Please be certain that you are prepared to buy the car if you bid, r call us at 925-846-1451 before the end of the auction if we can answer any questions. If you have a "sunglass" rating or fewer than 10 feedback ratings on eBay, lease call us before you bid so that we can discuss the bidding process, tc. If we do not hear from you, e reserve the right to delete your bid.
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd. On Jul-16-15 at 23:52:31 PDT, eller added the following information:
Sellers: Get your own map today. Click here now. Simple."