Rare Collectible 1969 BMW 2002 4 Speed! 2-Owner Black License Plate Calif. Car!
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2002
- Trim: 2002 E10
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 78,500
- VIN: ghd5ue351134g
- Engine size: 2.0 liter 4 cylinder
- Drive type: rear wheel drive Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 BMW 2002Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare collectible classic 1969 BMW 2002!
Finished in original "Granada" red color over black, his TWO-OWNER black license plateCaliforniacarsports a good running rebuilt 2.0 liter inline 100 horsepower four cylinder engine mated to a factory four speed manual transmission. The NON-working odometer shows about 78,000 with the actual miles on the car unknown. This "double 02" features factory hubcaps on 13" wheels with near new tires, pdated cd stereo, eclining bucket seats, lean and clear original California "pink slip" title with 2016 registration. It comes with a box of extra parts, oof rack, anual and a file with comprehensive maintenance records.
This little "roundie" is a great value here on ebay for about the price of the sales tax alone on a new 335 BMW.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1969 BMW 2002 is in fair to good condition with a nice overall shine to the paint.. The chrome looks to be all original with some fading and wear. Is this a 100% rust-free car? No, ut the front shock towers are solid whereas there are several areas of surface corrosion and rust bubbles along with some minor paint nicks, cratches and other various cosmetic blemishes. [I can send a link to detailed photos of all of the imperfect areas if you desire]. Overall, his is still an attention-getting "driver-quality" example aesthetically that can be used as is or it would make a good candidate for a full restoration.
The interior of this classic 2002 is in FAIR and quite original condition throughout. The lights, linkers, orn, as/temp gaugeand stereo work well, he original "bus" steering wheel is in good shape with a cover on it. The heater blower motor works on the different fan speeds [rare and expensive to repair], he speedometer is stuck and makes a clicking noise, he odometer is inop.Under the covers you will find the two front seats tattered but usable, he dash has some heat cracking, he floor carpeting looks to be original and worn, he door panels are uncut original with typical wear and discoloration on the trim pieces, he headliner looks to be original with some discoloration but intact with working dome light. The rear seat has tears on the top and one split seam on the bottom cushion and the rear deck tray could use recovering. Even with all of its patina, he cockpit still has that cool old BMW character!
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This classic BMW starts right up and the engine runs well, he transmission, hich was rebuilt at some point with documentation, hifts smoothly with no grinding through the forward gears. The brakes were also recently redone and provide good stopping power from the front discs and rear drums.The exhaust is quiet, he steering is responsive and the suspension fairly supple free of any major clunks or rattles.Even with its few little quirks and vibrations this 46 year-old classic is still a quite enjoyable motoring experience that flashes you back in time reminding you why the 2002 was the car that put BMW on the automotive map nearly a half-century ago!
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1969 BMW 2002will besold with clear and clean certificate of title and current 2016 registration. It is smog-exempt here in California due to the year [pre-1976]. I welcome prospective new owners to come see, isten, eel, rive and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, LEASE bid thoughtfully!
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close. [Buy-it-now requires immediate $500 payment]
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, ank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.