UNIQUE COLLECTIBLE 1979 BMW 733I E23! RARE 5 SPEED SEDAN! CALIFORNIA CLASSIC!
- Make: BMW
- Model: 7-Series
- SubModel: E23
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 733i
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 237,200
- VIN: 5770607
- Color: bronzit beige metallic
- Engine size: 3.3 liter inline six cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: rear wheel drive
- Interior color: black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 BMW 7-Series 733i
Offered for an appreciating new owner at NO RESERVEis this collectible classic 1979 BMW E23 733I 5 SPEED Sedan!
Finished in gold metallic over black leather this 39 year-old classic BMW has been driven a bit over 237,000 miles on its currentl;y non-working six-digit odometer. It sports a good running 182 horsepower 3.3 liter inline six cylinder engine mated to the rare 5 speed manual transmission. It feautures electric windows and sunroof, stereo, 14" alloy wheels with good rubber and several years ago received a $12,000 engine rebuild and full service as well as an upgrade from four gears to five.It is being sold with California salavge title [due to a light rear accident which required new taillights and slight damage to the rear valance which you can barely notice] and current 2018 registration, two factory keys. I even have a beautiful copy of the original fold-out sales brochure. Offered here at NO RESERVE, this is a great value in an early shark nose E23...for about the price of the sales tax alone on a 10 year-old 7 series sedan!Please note: As shown in the teaser photos I also have a 1985 BMW 635CSi coupe, a1985 BMW 745i factory turbo, custom painted 1984 733i ART CAR and a 5 speed manual transmission1990 E32 735i sedan. Package deal on two or more!
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this classic BMW is in good/presentable99.99% rust-freedriver-quality condition overall.Imperfections include various minor nicks, scratches, faded spots and other light blemishes.
As I hope is articulated in the photos, the interior of this 1979 733i is in fairly good condition overall with working stereo, windows, sunroof, lights, horn and blinkers, There are a few heat cracks on the dash, the a/c is not blowing cold and the heater blower works intermittently, there is a missing under dash panel along with basic wear and tear.Overall this is still one very handsome and comfortable classic German cockpit!
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This E23 starts easily with good running fuel-injected six cylinder engine, smooth steering and fairly solid suspension. The brake performance is excellent, the car shifts free of any grinds with excellent clutch pedal feel [though I would reccomend shifter bushing replacements]. There is also a light exhaust manifold flutter. Overall this is a nice solid driving classic with that old BMW feel.
THE DETAILS AND $$$$
1. This 1979 BMWis being sold with clear California salvage title and current 2018 registration. It will be sold "AS IS", "WHERE IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
AND.....,,,,.PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS, TEST DRIVE VIDEO OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.