1988 535i - E28 - M30 - TCD Turbo **NO RESERVE**
Price: US $5,000.00 Item location: Bristol, Tennessee, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 5-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 176,270
- VIN: WBADC7409J1718019
- Color: White
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 BMW 5-SeriesI've owned this car since 2007. I bought it with 140,570 miles on the odometer and the car has been garage kept since I've owned it. The car has a 5-speed manual transmission and a turbocharged 3.4L inline 6. I have been running Mobil 1 15w-50 and Rislone Zinc supplement.The engine runs great. It does require 93 octane. I'm looking to sell to make room in the garage as I have recently become addicted to motorcycles.
I have put a lot of money into the turbo and other parts and I know I will not get that out of the car, but it's time to go. The turbo kit alone goes for $3400.
Here's a Video
Here are some known issues that may not be obvious in photos: This is probably not an all inclusive list but it's everything that comes to mind.
- Speedometer and odometer just quit within the last 100 miles. The odometer reads 176,170 I have put less than 100 miles on the car since the last time the odometer was working. I opened the instrument cluster and the odometer has a broken pinion gear. The speedo unit had a black spot and crack on the PCB. On the opposite side of the PCB it looked like a resistor had failed. I looked at this yesterday 11/18/2017.
- Steering feels a bit loose and could use new ball joints
- Body has some rust
- A/C needs recharge. It was emptied for the turbo install. A/C worked before that.
- Power mirrors need repair (broken spring in gear mechanism - google)
- Passenger power headrest needs repair (common problem - google it)
- Power windows are a little slow. Probably fixed by cleaning and re-greasing gears
- Clutch pedal engagement point moves around occasionally. (air in the system?? or need master or slave cylinder???)
- Needs heater valve repair (common - google)
- Brake liner and ABS lights are on. probably broken wires and/or sensors, I have not investigated.
- Rear diver side arm rest is black not red like the rest of the interior..
- Dash is cracked, of course
- Cruise control stalk is in the glove box.
- New Battery (4-5 months ago)
- TCD Stage 1 turbo kit with chip(173,732)
- TCD Stage 1 clutch (173,732)
- TCD 3" Exhaust (173,732)
- New Tires and wheels (173,732)
- New bearings in Limited Slip Differential (173,732)
- New clutch master and slave cylinders (173,732)
- New clutch pilot bearing, ball pin, spring clip, release bearing, fork lever (173,732)
- Rear drum pads - parking brake (173,732)
- Rear subframe & trailing arm bushings (173,732)
- Rear pitman arms (173,732)
- New Throttle position sensor (162,647)
- Pioneer CD player (158,311)
- Custom under-seat 8" JBL subwoofer with Rockford Fosgate Punch P200-2 Amp in the trunk(158,311)
- Billstein sport shocks, front and rear (158,311)
- Eibach Pro springs, front and rear (158,311)
- Sway bar links and bushings, front and rear (158,311)
- Guibo and center support bearing (158,311)
- Rotors and pads, front and rear (158,311)
- Trunk and tail light gaskets (158,311)
- Distributor cap & rotor (158,311)
- New heater blower motor (157,819)
- New central lock unit (152,380)
- Keyless entry (152,380)
- Heater valve (147,840)
- Bosch Starter (144,600)
- New Sunpro vacuum/boost gauge that I never installed
- New hood vent gaskets - not installed
- 2 oil filters
Please remember:This car is almost 30 years old.This car will require maintenance.This car will not feel like a new car.
Thanks for looking. Let me know if you have any questions.