Rare Rust-Free Classic 1987 E28 BMW 535is 5 Speed! MANY Extra Parts Included!
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 5-Series
- SubModel: 535is
- Trim: 535iS
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 228,200
- VIN: wbadc7405j1718986
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 3.5 LITER INLINE SIX CYLINDER
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Sunroof, Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 BMW 5-Series 535is
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare classic 1987 BMW 535is 5 speed!
Finished in black on black, his 99.9% rust-free E28-chassis sedan shows about 228,000 miles on its now NON-working odometer with actual mileage closer to 250k. It sports a good running 182 horsepower 3.5 liter inline six cylinder engine mated to a desirable 5 speed manual transmission with stopping power provided by four wheel disc brakes with anti-lock. Other highlights of this car include 16" Racing Dynamics wheels with decent rubber, /C, actory "is" spec front and rear spoilers, ecaro-sourced factory electric leather sport seats, orking electric windows and sunroof, actory stereo, ruise control, n-board computer and more. It is being sold with a California salvage title. NOTE: I also have a running 1988 535is 5 speed "PARTS CAR" that I would like to sell along with this car....it has great parts like newer exhaust, ilstein sport suspension and more!
PLEASE CALL650-350-8828 FOR QUESTIONS AND/OR IN-PERSON MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 535is is in FAIR, ar from perfect concourse condition overall. It is though close to 100% perfectly rust-free with a fairly glossy paint finish AND a host of imperfections like two dented and scraped passenger side doors, ome paint fading spots on the roof, issing rubber strips on the front bumper, issing driver side door lock and fog lights along with many nicks, cratches and other cosmetic blemishes on the body. NOTE: I will include a new front bumper along with a box of miscellaneous E28 parts.
The interior of this 5er is in FAIR condition as well. It has the original leather sport seats, orking electric windows, unroof, orn and blinkers with a host of imperfections inside the car including worn and torn front seat leather and weak side bolsters, ash cracks, adio needs code and has loose console, mall tear in sunroof headliner panel, achometer reads low, ights switch is sticky, eat control panel is all busted up and inop, oor panels slightly de-laminating and two missing door handle surrounds, runk tools missing along with a few other things I have probably missed.
This BMW starts right up and has a quite decent and smooth running engine with good power. The transmission shifts well with no grinding [shifter bushings are worn] and the brakes work well with good pedal feel. The car tracks down the road well with good steering feel and no major suspension clunks. There is a typical light 55 mile per hour steering wheel shimmy that smooths out at higher speeds. [either wheel balancing and/or thrust arm bushings common on these cars]. I just installed a new driveshaft but the rear diff mount should be replaced. This car still has a surprisingly satisfying feel on the open road!
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1987 BMW will besold with California salvage certificate of title. It am not sure if it will currently pass smog testing so IF purchased by a California resident it will be sold "AS IS" as a "PARTS CAR ONLY" with no written or verbal warranties expressedor implied.I welcome prospective new owners to come see, rive, eel and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, LEASE bid thoughtfully!
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close. [Buy-it-now requires immediate $500 payment]
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, ank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.