Rare Classic 1973 BMW E3 Chassis BAVARIA Sedan! 4 Speed California Blue Plate!
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: Other
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: E3 Saloon
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 123,323
- VIN: 3106170
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 3.0 liter inline six cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: rear wheel drive
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 BMW Other
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare classic 1973 BMW Bavaria E3 sedan!
Finished in a silver gold repaint over the original "Ceylon" gold over tan, his 42 year-old BMW sedan is essentially the four door version of the 3.0CS E9 coupe. The WORKING five-digit odometer shows just over 23,000 miles which is believed to be 123,XXX actual miles though I cannot 100% verify this. It sports a 180 horsepower 3.0 liter inline six cylinder engine with dual carbs mated to a 4 speed manual transmission with stopping power provided by four wheel disc brakes. Other features on this blue California license plate specimen include period-correct 14" BBS Mahle wheels with excellent rubber [I have an extra fifth one included], orking electric windows, unctional Blaupunkt am/fm/cassette stereo with four speakers, riginal leather-wrapped "bus" steering wheel, actory tool kit, eclining front bucket seats, ear seat headrests and more. This Bavaria will be sold with clear and clean California title with current registration, omprehensive maintenance records AND a bonus of a trunk full of extra Bavaria-specific parts.
This cool classic sedan is a great value here for less than the cost of the sales tax alone on a new five series BMW!
PLEASE CALL650-350-8828 FOR QUESTIONS AND/OR IN-PERSON MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1973 Bavaria is in decent "structurally" rust-free condition with perfect shock towers, xcellent trunk and very clean dry rocker panels. The exterior repaint finish is fair to good with nice original chrome bumpers, ne broken turn signal lamp and many small nicks, cratches and corrosion bubbles on the paint finish, would call this car a solid "twenty-footer" driver-quality example that can be used as is or a great foundation for a full concourse restoration. Other miscellaneous flaws include missing trunk kit tools and wheel center caps, orn but original three-dimensional roundel badges and one missing rear door moulding section.
The interior of this 42 year-old classic BMW is in fair to good original condition. It features a nice headliner, ear-flawless vinyl dashboard, riginal loop carpet pieces, orking electric windows and period-correct stereo, orking headlights, urn signals and all other gauges. Imperfections inside include wear and tearing on the seat upholstery, issing arm rest connector pieces, nop horn and the original clock that keeps perfect time only twice per day. With all of its patine, his is still a cool cockpit that needs only a little to be superb again
This BMW starts right up and has a smooth running engine with good power and willing accelleration. The four speed transmission shifts well with no grinding and the brakes also work well with good pedal feel. The car tracks down the road very well with excellent light-to-the touch steering feel and no major suspension clunks. A few items to be addressed include a slight exhaust leak flutter and a minor carb synchronization. Otherwise this is a satisfying car to drive with its throaty exhaust note and open and airy cabin in the BMW tradition.
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1973 BMW will besold with clean and clear California certificate of title. It is smog-exempt here in California and will be sold "AS IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressedor implied.I welcome prospective new owners to come see, rive, eel and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, LEASE bid thoughtfully!
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close. [Buy-it-now requires immediate $500 payment]
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, ank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.