1984 BMW 6-Series e24 M635csi Classic Euro Shark
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 6-Series
- SubModel: Euro M635csi
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 6-Series e24 M635csi Classic Euro Shark **low reserve**
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 141,149
- VIN: WBAEE310201050106
- Color: Graphite Metallic (087)
- Engine size: M88
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Buffalo (Black Color)
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 BMW 6-Series 6-Series e24 M635csi Classic Euro Shark **low reserve**
1984 BMW M635csi
April 3, 1984 production build
Paint: Graphite Metallic (087)
Mileage: 141K (w/greater than $9K of work within the last few years)
The car is clean and in good condition. It’s a solid higher end driver that can be taken further to the next level if desired.
Added several photos below.
The car has a full folder of documentation-history since importation. The car was imported into the US via the port of Jamaica, NY on September 18th 1984. The original owner brought the car to San Francisco who owned the car up to February 1999. The 2nd owner brought the car back to Connecticut who owned the car for about two years and it was purchased in August 2001 by a U.S. Air Force Serviceman (Bolling AFB) in Washington DC/Virginia. The AF serviceman moved to Texas in 2003 and owned until 2006. Prior owner in Iowa purchased the car out of Texas who owned the car to date in which I purchased. I purchased the car as part of a two car arrangement and I already have a beautiful M635csi which is why I am selling . Given this, I never intended to keep the car for the long term. I have limited knowledge of the car (yet full documentation and all the maintenance and mileage over the lifespan). I did a few things to the car to refresh given the PO did not drive much and it needed a few updates/new parts in which I have listed below.
Note: there is no CA BAR sticker on car in any of the known places, yet clearly it has lived in SF Bay Area. I did not look into further so they may be a chance it can be registered in CA. Currently, the car is not registered and I do not drive given this (however I keep it healthy). Also, a Car Fax report contains an error in mileage stated due to someone that incorrectly/mistakenly logged. Paperwork will show/prove the mileage history and maintenance.
• Paint- Color is Graphite Metallic and is in good condition. Minor scratches/scuffs with areas of touch up. It presents very well as you can see in the photos.
• Body- Good shape with some very minor dings yet you have to look very close
• Trim- Good shape. Some areas show some wear yet still presents very well.
• Headlights clean and operate as expected.
• I put new fog light lenses as the originals were cracked
• Driver door lock needs to be fixed
• Upper-mid passenger windshield area contains a small minor area of "bubbling" that appears to have been there for a while (no growth and has been located in dry California climates). See Photo taken. I would repair when and if replace windshield.
New exterior parts:
• New Fog light lenses (the originals were cracked) As mentioned above
• Replaced the “elephant ear” U.S. turn signals with the proper European turn signals (buckets and lenses)
• The interior is Buffalo. The seats (including the driver seat) have no tears or rips in leather with suppleness. I did treat the seats to condition with leatherique.
•The passenger rear seat has a seam that has come undone that can easily be repaired (no leather rips or tears). Photo included to show
• Crack free Dash
• The shift knob and boot were replaced with non-stock (not necessarily my liking yet new owner can select preferred option/s) .
• All door panels are very good condition (and conditioned which you can see in photos)
• Carpet is very good
• Trunk interior is in good shape
• Some general aftermarket stereo was put in. New owner can select preferred audio.
• As I was told and according to paperwork, A/C was recharged and blows mildly cold yet have not driven to confirm level of coldness.
• New blower switch (common failure)
• New Heater blower transistor ( common failure)
• Original Steering Wheel – the leather has wear on top portion yet is soft (I conditioned the leather on the wheel as well). Picture included
Suspension and Drive train
• Wheels: Currently car has the more rare BBS 18” Staggered Style 5’s in excellent condition (no scratches or rash, etc) wrapped in BF Goodrich tires with like new tread – little to no wear on wheels- I have had stored away in my garage.
• Bilstein with stock springs
New Parts ( from maintenance records and a few items I noticed needing replacement)
• New Brake Calipers/Pads/Rotors turned and brake service
• New Rear Muffler (OE)
• Exhaust rubber hangers (2)
• Diff and filter change
• The engine is in very good shape, starts up and idles good. Engine is clean as shown in photos
• New In-Line Fuel Pump and Fuel Filter
• Maintenance at 136K included :
· R&R cylinder head assembly $7K of parts and labor
o Replaced all Valves (all Intake and Exhaust valves)
o Replaced Rod Bearings and Bolts
o Replaced Timing Chain
o Guide Rails and Tensioner
o Replaced Crank Gear
o Replaced Head Gasket
o Front Gasket kit
o Radiator replaced
o New fuel lines (engine and fuel pump/filter)
· Another $3k in Misc parts & labor (April 2016-140,919k):
o New Spark plug wires
o New Air Flow boot
o Distributor cap and rotor
o Adjusted Valves
o New Belts
o New Rear wheel seal
o New Rear trailing arm supports
· Another $444.00 (June 2016 – 140,987)
o New CAT
· I replaced a few parts
o Coolant reservoir (got rid of that brown reservoir)
This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time.