1970 BMW 2800 CS - Turbo M30B35 3.5L 450rwhp 5 Speed Manual - Rust Free Chassis
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: Other
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 2,000
- VIN: 2280211
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 3.5L M30B35 Turbo
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 BMW Other
It goes without saying this is a one of a kind BMW E9. Restoration alone took more than one year. If you price out a duplication of this car you will find the total is significantly higher than my asking price. This car has been well cared for and I know I'll regret this the minute it drives away but I simply need to free up capital for a business expansion.
Rust is a serious issue for all E9s but this one is solid. All suspension points including shock mounts are 100% rust free. When the car was restored the passenger front floor pan was the only area needing repair and it was simply removed and replaced with a new panel. The strut towers (a common rot point) are in good shape as shown in the pictures. The only rust worth mentioning is minor bubbles on the underside cowl area of the hood (see pictures).
Engine / Drivetrain:
- Turbocharged M30B35 3.5L I6 engine built by Paul Burke while owned by Jesse O'Hara of Pure Turbos (Oceanside, CA) @ 450rwhp
- Engine build included five angle valve job, new valves / rocker arms and is running OEM forged pistons, rods and crankshaft
- Custom turbo kit centered around a billet 6766 T4 turbo (67mm, .81 AR) running 13psi through a billet front mount intercooler
- Getrag 265 5 speed manual transmission (no grinding, pop outs or slipping)
- 3.60 limited slip rear differential
- Megasquirt II engine management system
- Custom fuel cell and filtration system
- Professionally built by The Truck Shop in Miramar, CA
- Meets SCCA / NASA build specifications only requiring door bars to compete in wheel to wheel racing
- Primary tubes are 1.75" x .120" DOM
- Secondary tubes are 1.50" x .095" DOM
- Cage was dropped through the floor pan so all welds are 360* (see pictures)
- Dimple die reinforcements tying the front down tubes and main hoop to the A and B pillars
- Tubular seat mounting frame running above the floor pan
- Rear halo / crash bar protecting fuel cell, battery and wiring
- Bilstein coilers (adjustable)
- Adjustable sway bars (ST)
- Four wheel disk brake conversion
- Custom 3 piece Jongbloed racing wheels (staggered)
- Yokohoma S Drive tires (255/40R17 rear, 235/40R17 front)
- Shock towers reinforced with .120" plates tied into roll cage
- Differential mounts reinforced with .120" plates tied into roll cage, triangulated to prevent fore/aft and left/right movement under acceleration
- Custom rear bulkhead
- Exterior professionally repainted in the factory color
- Any blemished trim has been replaced
- CSL front bumper custom flush mount
- CSL rear spoiler wrapped in matte black
- SFI approved G-Force Racing harnesses
- Alpina steering wheel
- AEM UEGO wideband hidden behind dash panel for AFR monitoring
- Alcantara headliner
- Bespoke carpeted flooring custom made after cage installation
- Refurbished vinyl dashboard
- Lots of spares included with the car. Rear seats, switches, glass, trim etc. Approximately one full truck bed of spares worth a few thousand.
I'm asking $65,000 or best offer, cash or cashiers check only. I will gladly take any prospective buyers for a ride but I do require proof of sufficient funds before letting anyone drive this car due to the value and rarity. Out of state buyers will be responsible for transport but I can recommend a broker should the need arise. Please note that this car is also listed locally and may sell at any point in time.
Feel free to reach out with any questions or to schedule a showing. Ebay limits photos to 24 but I have a few dozen additional pictures that can be sent at request.
Thanks for looking!