RARE COLLECTIBLE CLASSIC 1973 BMW 2002tii 4 SPEED E10 ROUNDIE! MATCHING NUMBERS!
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2002
- Trim: E10 2002
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 44,612
- VIN: 2763102
- Engine size: 2.0 LITER FOUR CYLINDER
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 BMW 2002 E10 2002
Offered for an appreciating new owneris this RARE collectible classic 1973 BMW 2002tii E10-chassis two-door sedan!
Finished in Alpine white over navy and black this genuine, matching numbers fuel-injected tii is a great find for the Bimmerphile or collector. This 44 year-old small chrome bumper, round taillight iconic BMW shows just over 89,000 miles on a currently non-working five-digit odometer so the actual mileage cannot be verified. It features a great running, factory fuel-injected 130 horsepower inline four cylinder engine mated to the factory 4 speed manual transmission with stopping power provided by tii-specific front disc and rear drum brakes. This specimen sports the original "bus" steering wheel, dash-mounted clock, original chrome hub caps on 13" wheels, working Blaupunkt am/fm radio, reclining bucket seats and more! It is being sold with clean and clear California title, original keys and owners manual and current 2018 registration!
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this classic BMW is in "good to very good 99% rust-free driver-quality"condition overall with a nice overall shine to the older re-paint and nice original chrome trim and grills and cool round tail lights and the original non-snorkel nose! The shock towers are dry and solid front and rear and the underside of the car is as rust-free and dry as you will find. There is some surface corrosion and a small perforation in the spare tire well. The exterior is NOT concourse show-quality with its fair share of blemishes which include a small crease from a previously broken driver door brake to various nicks, scratches and small touched up imperfections.
As I hope is articulated in the photos, the interior of this little double '02 is in quite original condition overall with the original "bus" steering wheel, original vinyl upholstery and loop carpeting, almost perfect original dash [there is one isolated heat crack], nice door panels and clean headliner, original working Blaupunkt am/fm radio, working heater blower motor, all working lights, blinkers and gauges [odometer is inop and the clock keeps perfect time only two times per day!]. More than four decades later, this classic cockpit is still a groovy place to be!
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1973 tii starts well with a smooth and strong running "MATCHING NUMBERS" engine, crisp shifting 4 speed transmission, strong and secure braking, quiet supple suspension and responsive non-power assisted steering. With its willingness to rev to redline in any gear, its open and airy cockpit to its crisp steering and highway tracking, this car epitomizes the original German driving machine that put BMW on the map here in the U.S.!
THE DETAILS AND $$$$
1. This 1973 BMWis being sold with clear and clean California title and current registration. It will be sold "AS IS" "WHERE IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. It is smog-exempt here in California due to the year [pre-1976]. I will be retaining the custom black license plate. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
AND.....,,,,.PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS, TEST DRIVE VIDEO OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.