1987 BMW 325ic Conv - Complete Restomod M Technic 1
Price: US $200.00 Item location: Union, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 325ic
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 102,000
- VIN: WBABB2303H1940712
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 3.2L S52B32
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 BMW 3-Series 325icPurchased the car in 2010 as a bone stock, rust free 1987 325i Convertible, stock m20, automatic, black/black interior from a fellow BMW CCA member and quickly got tired of how dreadful the automatic was.
From there is when the craziness began...
- Complete respray in Jet Black paint.
- Sourced full BMW E30 convertible interior and had the seats re-upholstered in Cardinal Red Nappa leather with pleats as seen in 80s BMW interiors by Coachtrim now Euro Interiors in Bedford Hills, NY
- Custom ordered Merlot Red Convertible top with new tensioners.
- Sourced a '99 BMW M3 coupe - also a CCA car in Bethlehem, PA that a tree had fallen on and totalled. Purchased the complete drivetrain (S52B32 engine and 5spd transmission, wiring harness and accessories) with 99,530 miles on it. Swap was performed by OMG Motorworks in Deer Park, NY. Before the motor was installed we performed complete maintenance including valve cover gasket, lower oil pan gasket, cooling system (thermostat and water pump), new cooling hoses, new Sachs clutchs with lightened flywheel, Medium Case LSD and both tranny and diff fluid were drained and filled, M50 Intake Manifold. I have the complete build sheet I can provide in Google Doc form. Car is OBD1 and has a TRM chip.
- E30 M3 Cluster with working oil temp gauge
- UUC Evo3 Short Shift Kit with 5th gear lean fix.
- UUC Cat-Back Exhaust adapted to fit E30
- H&R Sport Springs w/Bilstein Sport Struts
- Staggered 16x9 / 16x7.5 Borbet B Wheels wrapped on 215/45/16 tires (honeycomb center caps brand new old stock from Borbet warehouse in Germany).
- Brembo Blank Rotors and BMW OE Pads all around. E-Brake restored in 2012.
- All new ball joints/e30 m3 offset control arm bushings, swaybar end-links refreshed in 2013.
- E36 M3 Steering Rack
- New Steel brake hard lines in 2010
- Crack-free dash from E30 M3
- All 4 windows are E36 auto up/down - George Graves kit
- Lamin-x'd brand new Hella Euro Ellipsoids with Euro french high beam headlights w/HID kit.
- Lamin-x'd brand new E30 M3/Mtech 1 Hella Foglights with HID kit
- BMW Motorsport engraved exterior door handles
- BMW Classic/Historic Cloissone roundels
- Complete European Chrome Bumper Conversion with authentic BMW OE Mtech 1 Bodykit for Convertible (includes front airdam completely clear-bra'd, convertible side-skirts, and rear valance/apron). Brand new Copper extended tow-hooks.
- E28 Mtech 1 rear decklid spoiler and 3rd brake light deleted.
- Convertible Lukebox modification and Alpine CD/MP3 headunit with Bluetooth Audio/Telephone module and 5-channel amplifier driving all speakers and 2 8" subwoofers. This stereo system sounds incredible both with the top up and down.
- Rewrapped Mtech 1 370mm Steering wheel with extra padding added - 2015
- Black Leather Shiftboots with M-Technic stitching and ZHP 5spd Shift Knob.
- Brand new old stock Genuine BMW E30 Convertible Wind Deflector.
And more that I am sure I am forgetting.Not to sound cliche, but the car must be seen to be appreciated.In the winter months, I keep the car in climate controlled/dust-free storage and is garaged in the remaining 3 seasons at home.
Reason for sale: I want to build an RWB 911.
Please note: Startec taillights will not be included in the sale and are no longer on the car.