Rare Classic 1976 BMW 2002A! Nice Golf Yellow Factory Sunroof California Car!
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2002
- Trim: 2002a
- Year: 1976
- Mileage: 72,251
- VIN: wdbba48d9ja086763
- Engine size: 2.0 liter four cylinder
- Drive type: rear wheel drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1976 BMW 2002Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare classic 1976 BMW 2002!
Finished in the original and desirable "golf" green [yellow] color, his last-year of the 2002 model has been driven what is believed to be just over 72,200 miles since new. Yes, he five-digit odometer does still work though I cannot 100% verify the mileage to be accurate. With that being said, his California E-10 chassis BMW sports a 2.0 liter four cylinder engine mated to a rare three speed automatic transmission with original carb. Stopping power is provided by front disc and rear drum brakes, his car features a rare factory manual crank sunroof, 4" 325i "bottle cap" alloy wheels with good rubber, pdated Eclipse CD stereo with Polk speakers, orking heater fan, eclining front bucket seats and more. It is being sold with a clear and clean California title and a great value here for about the cost of the sales tax alone on a new BMW!
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1976 BMW is in good to very good condition overall. It is structurally rust-free with only surface corrosion spots in various places along with a 6" square fiberglass repaired section on the roof. The front roundel badge is the original three-dimensional one and worn but could be replaced with a fresher more modern unit. The shock towers, loor, runk and rockers are all in excellent and solid condition. This cool specimen is NOT a concourse show car but a nice presentable driver-quality example that gets attention everywhere it goes even with its various nicks, cratches and fading.
The interior of this classic double 02 is in very good, uite original condition overall. It sports a nice headliner, xcellent uncut door panels, lmost PERFECT factory original dash, orking heater fan, tereo, ights and blinkers, ice but slightly worn and faded loop carpeting and smooth opening sunroof. Imperfections inside the car include cracking on the steering wheel, orn inop, ne torn area on the dirver seat, ome beginning of seam splitting on the seat upholstery and a torn hole at the sunroof crank
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This classic '02 has a "tired and worn" engine that smokes a bit and knocks lightly while driving after some loud knocking at initial startup. The engine definitely needs a rebuild or replacement though still runs as an around town car. The car goes down the road fairly well with decent tracking and good braking. To make a closer- to-perfect driving experience I would recommend some new suspension components as well. Also the front tires rub when turning hard as they are one size too big for this car. Even with its issues, his is still a fun and attention-getting classic cruising down the road with the sunroof cranked open!
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1976 BMW will besold with clear and clean California certificate of title.
NOTE: THIS VEHICLE CAN ONLY BE SOLD TO A NON-CALIFORNIA BUYER! It will be sold "AS IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressedor implied.I welcome prospective new owners to come see, rive, eel and inspect this car in person.
There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, LEASE bid thoughtfully!
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close. [Buy-it-now requires immediate $500 payment]
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, ank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.