1985 e30 BMW 325e 5 speed manual 145k miles 2nd owner
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- SubModel: 325e
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 145,000
- VIN: WBAAB5406F9626286
- Color: Gray
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 BMW 3-Series
I am offering for sale my 5 speed manual 1985 BMW 325 e with ~145k miles. Amazingly, I am the 2nd owner - I bought the car from the widow of the first owner in 2010 when it had ~110k miles. The first owner bought the car in Germany in 1985, and drove it around Europe for a couple of months before bringing it back to the bay area. The front plate is a special plate that used to be used for vehicles to be exported from Germany, and the rear plate is the original CA specialty "The Golden State" plate. I have records for the car dating back to 1985 including handwritten notes from original owner.
The car is overall in great condition and has been a wonderful city driver for me the past seven years. The interior is particularly in excellent condition, with virtually no cracks or cosmetic issues with the dashboard and front panel, and there are no tears on the seats.
As any BMW owner knows, this car has "character" - the nice way to describe partial electronic failures that are easier to get used to than to fix, or the less nice way my ex-girlfriend likes to call it - "emotional baggage". This car's character includes:
- A non-functional driver side window
- A stereo with a broken tape player but functional radio (however I did add an auxilary cable so you can plug in your phone, unless you have an iPhone 7).
- AC that blows what I like to call "lukecold"
- A faulty coolant sensor
- A working computer with a burnt out backlight
- Turn signals that can stick after a few cycles when it's hot out
- Sunroof only works for rear "flip" up
Also like any other 32 year old, there are are some cosmetic issues with the car:
- Small chipped paint rust spot on hood
- Small dent on trunk lid above model badge
- Two small spider cracks in the windshield drilled and filled by glass shop
- Peeling pinstripe
- Several minor scratches
- BMW emblems just starting to crack