CLASSIC 19887 BMW E28 535IS! RARE 5 SPEED MANUAL CALIFORNIA CAR! NO RESERVE!
- Make: BMW
- Model: 5-Series
- Trim: 535IS
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 209,500
- VIN: WBADC7409H0964052
- Engine size: 3.5 LITER INLINE SIX CYLINDER
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 BMW 5-Series 535IS
Offered for an appreciating new ownerat NO RESERVEis this classic 1987 BMW 535is sedan!
Finished in grey metallic over black leather, classic E28 sedan shows just over 209,00 miles on its working odometer. This 99.9% rust-free 535i sports a decent running 182 horsepower 3.5 liter inline six cylinder engine mated to the rare and desirable 5 speed manual transmission with stopping power provided by four wheel disc brakes with ABS [anti-lock]. Other features on this classic Bimmer include electric windows, electric sunroof, telescoping sport steering wheel, CD stereo, front and rear spoilers, electric leather seats, fog lamps, air conditioning, trunk mounted tool kit, and 16" Mille Miglia alloy wheels with good rubber. [I also have other wheel options available]. This 30 year-old BMW is being sold with clear and clean California title and current California registration AND COMPREHENSIVE MAINTENANCE RECORDS from a very well-respected bay area independent shop!
PLEASE ALSO NOTE: This is one car in my collection of several classic BMWS ALL of which are currently available for purchase. I am open to package deal offers on two or more of the following: 1985 535i running driving parts car, 1988 white 535ia, 1986 M5 tribute car. 1991 535i 5 speed, 1987 535is art car, 1985 635csi art car, 1984 733ia art car.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this car is in FAIR but 99.9% dry, clean rust-free overall condition.The paint finish has MANY cosmetic blemishes which include fading, nicks, scratches, clear-coat failure and other bumps and bruises. Paint it.....restore it, drive as is?
As I hope is articulated in the photos here, the interior of this 1987 BMW is in quite good very original overall condition with sunroof working, electric seats functioning, working stereo AND electric antenna, OBC computer, nice original carpets, clean uncut door panels and all gauges, including the odometer, in excellent working order. Imperfections inside the car include a few dash cracks, seat wear and tear, a/c not blowing cold and driver side front window inop.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1987 BMW starts perfectly with decent running 3.5 liter engine, nice shifting transmission, excellent braking, tight and responsive steering, crisp handling and taut ride. I am told by mechanic that one cylinder is weak producing idle rougher than normal and about 15% low power. Otherwise, this classic sport sedan still delivers a satisfying driving experience while delivering 24 miles per gallon on the open road.
THE DETAILS AND $$$$
1. This 1987 BMWis being sold with clear and clear California title and current registration. IT WILL BE SOLD "AS IS", "WHERE IS". California buyers will receive current smog certificateIinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
AND.....,,,,.PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS, TEST DRIVE VIDEO OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.