RARE 1973 BMW 2002 Tii Roundie
Price: - Item location: Irvine, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2002
- SubModel: Tii
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: BMW 2002tii
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 205,619
- VIN: 2763723
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 4 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black and Dark Blue
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 BMW 2002 BMW 2002tii****I'm getting email delivery errors through the eBay message system. Please either text to the number listed below or include your email (or cell) and I'll respond to your questions that way. Thanks.****
Selling my hard to find 1973 BMW Tii Roundie I bought on eBay last December:
- Numbers matching (tags on fender, engine block, steering column).
- The car was in the CA at least from late 70s (based on CA blue plate sequence) through 2008, then made its way to Canada before a dealer in ID got it last year.
- Older restoration in its original Polaris/silver that included floor pans replacement, rear rockers and subframe mount repairs.
- The spare tire well, a common rust area, was also repaired.
- I have pictures of the above repaired areas. Message me your email and I'll send all of them to you.
- The nose is non tii version but the snorkel was removed then patched.
- All the other panels look original and the body and gaps are really straight and line up well.
- Overall, the paint job shows nice but parts of the roof and hood show light fading.
- The interior is clean, the main imperfections are the cracked dash and carpet at the front side panels and the one under the backseat do not match the rest.
- Mechanically the engine looks clean. There appears to be no engine, transmission or differential leaks. Paperwork suggests the car has over 200k miles.The previous owner indicated the engine was rebuilt at some point but there is no paperwork supporting this.
- 2nd gear grinds when it's engaged.
- Exhaust is a Supersprint system.
- I've made a number of 60-mile roundtrips,as well as using it as a daily driver for a few weeks and there haven't been any problems. The car needs a major tuneup though as it's not performing at full power.
- Please see the pictures I included for any other imperfections.
The reason I'm selling is because I picked anotherTii so I'm going to focus on restoring that one.
Best to contact me at 714.454.2625 if you need additional details.
Car is sold as is.