1973 BMW 2002 Roundie - Original California Blue Plate
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2002
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 106,296
- VIN: 2585143
- Color: White
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 BMW 2002
1973 BMW 2002 Roundie CA Blue Plate original survivor with cool purchase history - Original owner took delivery in Germany in October '72 and then also had the 600-mile check November. Wonder if he spent any time on the autobahn? :)
Family owned in CA (mostly Central with some years in San Diego) its entire life (original owner passed it on to niece) until I purchased it right here on eBay last October.
Car is practically 100% stock except for the 32/36 Weber Carburetor. Original system will be included with the sale of the car.
After purchase, I flew up from Southern CA and drove the car back home. The car felt very solid across the board, except it was running hot. It was then serviced by very reputable Le Tran at 2002 Garage Werks in Ontario to make it turnkey, ready to be driven anywhere.
Over $2000 was spent to address the cooling system (now the temp gauge stays at about the quarter mark) and a complete tune up, along with valve adjustments and compression test were done. The car was also desmogged upgraded to a Tii exhaust system, which included ceramic coated exhaust manifold and downpipe. Let me know if you’d like a copy of the receipt showing all the work that was done.
I was going to keep the car long term but came across a Tii I couldn't pass up so sadly I’m letting this one go. If only I had the garage space… Clean, rust-free, original CA Blue Plate ‘02s are harder and harder to come by so if you’ve been looking for an 02 and don't have the money to afford the Inka Tii that's been bidded up to $40k on eBay right now, give this one a hard look. :)
Here's everything I know about the car. Please see all the pictures, which include the primary imperfections...
- Very dry no rust with the exception of some surface rust.
- Currently shows 106,296 on the odometer and I believe it to be the actual miles.
- The service book shows the car had a 16k mile maintenance in August '76, showing it was driven an average of 4k per year.
- Original Chamonix paint with nice patina. There are light surface scratches throughout but overall the paint shows very well.
- Really nice interior is all original blue w/ black trim; seats and headliner has no rips and no sag; grey/black carpet in great shape; and the dash is perfect with no cracks. The previous owner stated the car was garaged most of its life and the interior shows that.
- Matching VIN on steering column, right fender and engine block.
- Picture of the one wheel is representative of the wheels' condition.
- Car starts right up, even after sitting for a week.
- 4-speed manual transmission. All gears shift smoothly with no grinding.
- Original owner's handbook accompanies the car.
- Aftermarket Blaupunkt radio, looks to be from the 80s.
Please email with any questions before bidding. Or call me, Khang, at 714.454.2625 if you'd like more details. Hopefully, the description along with the pictures accurately depicts the car’s condition.
Sold as is where is. Members with less than 5 positive feedback must communicate with me before bidding.
$500 non-refundable PayPal deposit within 24 hours of auction end. Balance in cash upon pick-up or bank wire transfer. Full payment must be received within 7 calendar days of end of auction.
Car pick-up must be within 14 days of end of auction. Thanks.
I received a question about the odometer, gauges, and electronics so thought others would wonder about these things, too.... the odometer works, all gauges are functional; wipers, blower, cigarette lighter, horn works. Driver side low beam and passenger side rear blinker currently not working.