1980 BMW 518 German Market Import, Great Daily Driver, Manual Transmission
Price: US $1.00 Item location: New York, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 5-Series
- SubModel: 518
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 518
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 119,585
- VIN: WBA36510007286062
- Color: Polaris Silver Metallic
- Engine size: BMW M10B18
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Dark Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 BMW 5-Series 518This listing is for a 1980 BMW 518 in wonderful original condition.
518's were never originally exported to the US and represent the first generation of the 5-Series model for BMW (E12). For that reason, it makes for a very rare and celebrated offering here in New York. This example was originally sold in Germany to its first owner and imported to the East Coast sometime in the 90's.
Currently being used as a daily driver, it is surviving Manhattan traffic and weekend blasts to the Hamptons like a champ. Basic maintenance and care have made this 518 a great driver and very reliable classic for me. I would not hesitate to take a road trip anywhere in the car and it definitely loves twisty back roads!
- All bumpers, headlights, tail lights, trim, etc. is German market spec including the writing on the dash and instruments
- Very solid with no shakes or rattles from the suspension
- Manual transmission shifts flawlessly and clutch feel is excellent
- Engine is tuned very well with smooth acceleration and runs cool
- Original German market owners manual included
- Rare dark blue velvet interior with leather piping which has held up incredibly well
- Retains the original BMW tow hook (and original sticker shown in the pictures!)
- Basic maintenance completed with misc. bushings, seals, linkages replaced
- Very solid car with no frame or undercarriage rust. Trunk and all floor pans are solid and perfect exhaust as well.
- Just passed NY State Inspection with flying colors
- There are small bits of corrosion in some of the body panels which can be seen in the pictures
- New tires
- Absolutely everything in the car works except for the clock in the instrument panel. I have a tachometer that can replace the clock if desired.
- Likely the only 518 on the market for a very long time
This is a 36-year old BMW in great condition. Being 36-years old, you should expect normal wear and tear for the age and mileage. This vehicle is being sold as is where is with no warranty expressed or implied. I have done my best to describe the car, offered to answer any questions desired, and recommended inspecting the car. Only bid on this car if you are satisfied with the condition and are fully committed to buying the car. There will be no inspections or negotiation after the auction ends. By bidding on this car and winning the auction, you are agreeing to purchase the car. Any questions, concerns, or requests for additional information should be asked or voiced before you bid. As I am willing to provide any information, answer any questions, or have the car inspected during the auction, it is your due diligence to be fully satisfied with the condition of this car before you bid. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due within 24-hours of auction close. Thanks again and happy bidding.