1975 BMW 2002 - Weber 38/38 carb, Electronic ignition & other upgrades
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2002
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 68,415
- VIN: 2380019
- Color: Malaga
- Engine size: 2.0L 1990CC 121Cu. In. l4 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: Slicktop
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 BMW 2002
I have a running/driving 75 with many upgrades that needs to find a new home. I bought this as a non-running car and have been working on it for a while, but it needs to go to someone that can take it to the next level. It is a pretty complete car in terms of trim, glass, etcbut make no mistake about it, can still use thorough sorting before becoming a daily driver. It would make a great winter project for someone with time and space. (both of which I'm lacking)
1975 BMW 2002 Automatic Slick-top (manual swap available)
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
- Rear strut mounts are solid, and the spare tire well looks good.
- Lots of upgraded parts
- Weber 38/38 Carb & hogged intake
- Stahl or IE header?
- ANSA exhaust (hanger needs to be fixed)
- Crane Fireball XR700 electric ignition
- Coilovers in the front (built on tii strut tubes?)
- Bilstein and H&R(?) springs in the rear
- SS brake lines
- Belt and knee trim complete
- All glass complete
- Carpet seems to be pretty good
- Rear bench seat is in good shape (back is torn)
- e21 Turbines in good shape, with center caps, but tires need replacing.
- Tucked front bumper
- Many bushings appear to have been replaced at some point (i.e. not 41 year old looking rubber)
The Bad & The Ugly:
- Passenger floor pan is rotted and need replacing. (Driver looks to have been done already)
- Driver side rail has rust
- Paint chips around glass areas and surface rust in other various spots.
- Rust hole in the nose below the battery area
There are rust spots on the driver side frame rail
- Headliner torn
- Dash has multiple cracks
Steering wheel has cracks
- Missing various interior trim, such as around the shifter and hand brake
Gas pedal is missing, somehow.
- Unknown front seats (although they are sort of comfy in a ratty kind of way)
- Rear seat top torn.
Plenty of electrical issues to sort, tach, fuel and water gauges do not work right.The water just spikes to the top when you start the car, fuel and tach do not move.(The cluster is from an early car)
- Driver front signal housing lens is broken
Car had been repainted, but has been neglected over the years. Paint chips/flakes around glass areas and other various spots have surface rust. (see photos)
If you are interested in a manual swap,I do have access to all the parts to convert this to a manual car, if the next owner would like to purchase those as well.
If there are additional/specific photos you'd like me to take, just let me know.
Engine running video:https://player.vimeo.com/video/183076587
Additional photo album: http://imgur.com/a/3hC43