1992 BMW 316i TC4 BAUR,very rare 4 door convertible (only 331 made). Low reserve
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- SubModel: Baur TC4
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: TC BAUR - 4TC
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 121,555
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 4 Cyl
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 BMW 3-Series Baur TC4
Calling all BMW/BAUR enthusiasts, car collectors and lovers ofrarities!
Very rare and unique car - collector's item (only 331 ever made). What is it? It’s a 4door BMW TC BAUR convertible, comes with a unique chassis number plate as well. Only one in the UK and only 25 so far in the USA (as far as I know). The price of this car will only grow (there was one that sold for over $15.000 last week in USA, check it out your self-eBay item number:252513088596). The reserve price for mine is low (set as if it was just a 2 door convertible) however this is one of the rarest cars on the planet, so you’ll be driving a car nobody else has and can buy regardless how much money they have in their bank (be warned - people will turn heads and admire your car everywhere you go). The roof can be folded dow completely or, just rear half or front part which gives you 4 variations in total. Driving with the rear part down and front part up was by far my favourite as I was sitting in a shade, but still had a nice breeze and open sky behind me.
It is a LHD car! VIN:WBACA910G0AJ31448 (EBAY DIDN'T RECOGNISE THIS AS IT'S PROB NOT IN THE SYSTEM, SAME HAPPENED FOR THE OTHER TC BAURS I'VE SEEN TO BE SOLD ON EBAY.)
My reason for sale is that I think that the car has developed a head gasket problem. It must be on theouterside of the cooling system as there is no water in oil (oil is not creamy), butit started loosing coolant slightly. I don't have time to even think about dropping in another engine.Anice 318is or 323i straight six would suit it well and the car can handle it as it has a X brace, strut bars, polyurethane bushes, 4 x michelin sport tires, wide alloys and uprated suspension (coil-overs) and breaks. It also has a sport reclining front seats and nice 2 colourinterior. It also has asporty exhaust system with a beautifully sounding rear silencer (it must be one of the best sounding BMWs - not too loud, but definitely sporty), the car growls beautifully in all revs. The car has been regularly serviced.The car has a typical wear and tear of the TC4 BAUR and it's age (the car was notsitingin the museum, which perhaps it should, but it was used and enjoyed daily for the last 9 years I have owned this car - as far as I know it had only 3 owners!!!). Please don't expect it to be spotless.The roof was also pierced by a drunken man, who could barely stand on his feet (luckily he only did it in one part of the roof so this section can be easily replaced).The roof was since repaired with a quality 2 pack wet suit glue.In fact it has a plus sideas my friend said, at least nobody will pierce it anymore and he was right :).
The most recent upgrades/service:
- Hillux angel eyes (2011)
- LED lights (interior, glow box, trunk – 2011)
- New driveshaft flex disc (2011)
- New water pump (2011)
- Poly bushes on trailing arms and front wish bones (2011)
- Lowering adjustable suspension (2011)
- Rare 17” MVR MAGNUM alloys (2011)
- New timing belt (2011 – 157 407km)
- 2 Michelin Pilot Spot Tyres (2012)
- New exhaust system with sport stainless steel back box (2012)
- New spare wheel, first aid kit, fire extinguisher and triangle (2012)
- 2 ECU computers - One re-mapped giving extra hp(2012)
- New clutch kit (2012)
- New washable K&N air filter (2012)
- New Adjustable Bilstein lower rear camber arms (2013) it's a must have upgrade for lowered e36s - otherwise the camber will eat the inner part of rear tires!!!
- 2 new Michelin Pilot Sport tyres (2013)
- HD meyle reinforced top rear rubber strut mounts (2013)
- Bilstein new upper and lower ball joints (2013)
- Bilstein tie rod assembly (2013)
- Clear front indicators (2013)
- Clear rear lights (2013)
- Electric Fan Conversion - the fan is only on when needed not connected to engine's shaft anymore (2013)
- Professional 4 Wheel alignment (2014)
- Timing belt pulleys changed (2014)
- Rear breaks upgraded from drum to disc breaks (2014)
- New break lines (2014)
- Chassis reinforced with M3 X-bar under engine bay (2014)
- Aluminium strut bar front and rear (2014)
- Stainless steel bar link in the roof (2015)
- Bucket front seats (2015)
- New Alternator (2016)
- New 100Ah battery (2016)
- Recent service, all belts and oil change with all lights resettled as well (2016)
- Recondition and weatherproofing of the roof (2016)
I have a lot of pictures of work being done on the car.
Don't snooze! ;)
Worldwide and domestic shipping available, but you ned to arrange it all. For UK bidders it has quite an interesting plate PAP!
True story to finish of this listing: I have bough this car from hospital bed when I was recovering from a motorbike accident in 2007. I knew I won't be able to ride a bike for some time, so I though it'd be nice to have a convertible. But wouldn't I need to get in out every time I take 2+ passengers? So I thought wouldn't it be great if there was a 4 door convertible car. Firstly I knew it's silly idea, but the dreamer in me won over my rational mind and I typed 4 door convertible to ebay. The result came after a few seconds, there it was. Loud screaming noise filled the hospital ward after just 11 minutes....yes I won it! And I am so grateful I took the risk. It's an amazing car, it has a lot of character and the roof provides a lot of fun :).