NO RESERVE 1987 BMW 325 / 325e / 325es E30 - recent mechanical work - relisted
Price: - Item location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Coupe
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 144,598
- VIN: wbaab5408H9804346
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 6 cylinder 2.7L
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Power Windows
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 BMW 3-SeriesRELISTED WITH NO RESERVE
FOR SALE: 1987 BMW 325e e30
Good condition, original and unmolested e30. I purchased this two years ago as a daily driver and now need space for a new purchase. Car is a strong runner, shifts very smoothly, and is a pleasure to drive. While I have replaced a few trim pieces myself, all mechanical work has been done by a mechanic who specializes in early BMWs. Odometer works and shows 144598 (will go up slightly as the car is still driven) and as far as I know this is the original mileage.
Interior is in very good condition - all vinyl is clean with no rips, door cards are clean and unstained, carpet looks new, and headliner is solid all around. Three notes on the interior: dash is cracked as is common, panel under the steering column is removed but included, and drivers seat has been replaced with leather e36 standard seat in fair condition.
Exterior is in fair condition. Car is dent free and all original body panels. No cracks in any lights or plastic. Brand new OEM front apron is included but not attached. I removed the fog lights because I hate fog lights, but they are included. Car was definitely repainted at some point before I owned it. Clear coat is gone and paint is obviously dull, with several spots where the top coat of paint is gone. Two weak spots on the rear panels, as shown in pictures. These were repaired before I owned the car and I have no other details on the repair. These are the only large spots of rust, but please look carefully at the photos. I'm not trying to say the exterior is in great shape.
5 speed manual. Car sits on original bottle cap wheels with brand new Altimax snow tires with less than 500 miles of use.
Two issues when car is started:
- Idles poorly, varying from 500-800 rpm. Doesn't affect performance, only idle.
- Most in-dash warning lights come on when started. Mechanic confirms that this is only electrical - the car is not simultaneously failing in all things. Car runs well.
- See this video for view of the dash at startup - first at idle, then revved to 3k, then back to idle
PA inspected through December 2016.
Recent work completed (receipts provided):
- timing belt
- water pump
- new driveshaft
- new exhaust and muffler
- new hub and bearing assembly
- repaired power steering pump
- new coolant hoses
- fan clutch
- mass airflow sensor
- fuel pressure regulator
- front suspension
- brake calipers, rotors, and pads
- control arms
- throttle cable
- all new belts
- all ignition tune up parts
- new oil pan gasket (no oil leak)
- new window switches and regulators (2)
- new battery in late 2015
- new door locks
- new bulbs all around
- new emblems all around
- added 1.25 inch trailer hitch receiver
- the paint
- poor idle and warning lights at startup
- missing radio and trunk carpet
- A/C does not work
- windows just stopped working
- Coolant thermostat needs to be reset
- unattached understeering panel, fog lights and apron
- leaks a little coolant (I flush the system or top off every 6 months)
- gas gauge doesn't work - needle swings wildly. I use the mileage counter to keep track.
Please text for additional pictures or questions - 773-five three one-1506.
Also for sale locally so may end bidding early.
$500 non-refundable deposit due within 48 hrs via PayPal, and balance in cash or cashier check.
Not e21, 318i, 318is, 325i, 325is, or M3.