1972 BMW 2002 Tii - Project
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2002
- SubModel: 2002 Tii
- Trim: Tii
- Year: 1972
- VIN: 2762222
- Color: Your Choice
- Engine size: M10
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
- Drive type: rear
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 BMW 2002 2002 Tii
After careful consideration I've decided to sell my 1972 2002 Tii about halfway through restoration. I've changed jobs recently and just don't have the time to complete the task. VIN is 2762222. I've owned the car for about 3 years and have a clean NC title in hand. This is an original NC car and I have some of the original paperwork. It had been sitting in covered storage for about 10 years when I purchased it. Since then it has been completely stripped down to a bare shell. The body was carefully media blasted and all rust repair was completed professionally by a local shop out of Denver, NC. No bondo was used. Rusted sections were cut out and replaced using new BMW repair panels if available. Repairs were made to the spare tire well, rear shock towers, floor pans, doors and rocker panels. All panels were welded properly. There was also some work done on the nose to replace some rusted portions. I personally prefer the look of the early cars so I had the extra marker lights and black lower trim deleted. The car will also come with early short chrome bumpers included a euro rear bumper section with license plate lights. Currently the car is sitting at a body shop getting ready for paint. The original color was Sahara but it's at a point where you can pick the new color. The original matching numbers engine was completely rebuilt. Just about everything for the car has been restored or purchased new from BMW. I have everything about 90% ready to go plus a a majority of the spare parts and hardware. Please see the list below for highlights;
- Black Recaro seats and rear seat. All new upholstery
- Dash, Door Panels and center console have been recovered by Only02.
- e21 5 Speed transmission and LSD.
- Subframes are completely redone in black powder coat with Urethane Bushings
- All new suspension components with Bilstein HD springs
- Original set of 5 Tii Steel wheels and 4 restored e21 alloy Basketweaves
- New Black Carpet Set
- Clardy AC system
- All nuts, bolts and Hardware have been cleaned and zinc plated in yellow or clear.
- New trim all around (side window trim and belt line)
- Euro H4 Headlight Buckets
- All new body seals
- All new brakes and full Stainless Steel line and hose kit
- Ireland Engineering Shift Platform and Short Shift kit
- Fully refurbished wiring harness. All the old wrap was removed and replaced with Certoplast harness wrap from BMW. All connectors and insulators and were checked and replaced as needed.
- New BMW Headliner
- New Chome shorty bumper front and rear euro bumper with built in factory license plate lights.
There is too much to list. The pictures show a fraction of the parts included. The car is located in Charlotte, NC. This project is for somebody that wants a completely restored Tii from the ground up with most of the popular upgrades. All the dirty work has been done at this point. All receipts will be included with the sale. I prefer to avoid shipping the car and all parts and encourage any potential buyer to come see the car in person. All work and parts purchases have been well documented up until this point and far exceed the asking price. The parts are expensive and it takes hundreds of hours to complete a project like this. That will include everything I have for parts and the body work mostly completed, primed ready for paint. I have invested a lot up until this point and it’s easy to pay a shop 100K to do a complete restoration on a Tii. The buyer can either pick the color and have it completed or take it to another paint shop for completion. Thanks for looking. Please message me if you have any questions.