BMW E30 325ic Convertible
Price: US $1,000.00 Item location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- SubModel: Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 160,496
- VIN: wbabb1305j8271950
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 2.5
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 BMW 3-Series Convertible** NO Reserve Auction - 5 days**
This is a 1988 BMW E30 325ic in very good condition. I have owned this car for 5 years and I'm the fourth owner. It was a west coast car since new until I had it shipped via enclosed transport from the west coast to Maryland when I purchased it. This is a *clean* E30 with no rust that I have found, which is to be expected given it's long-term west coast ownership.
Please view an additional 98 high-resolution pictures at: https://flic.kr/s/aHskEUNbeD (cut and paste link into your browser).
* Maintenance records since new! I have a large binder with the records, including the window sticker. The original Service Booklet is also included, with stamps from the dealer's service department.
* Desirable options and upgrades include: - Limited Slip Differential (LSD) - Heated front seats (work great) - HUSCO center armrest with drink holder (perfect shape, very rare part) - M-Tech II steering wheel - Rear OEM headrests (European option, installed with all factory parts) - Ronal LS 15" wheels, including the spare (perfect condition, see pictures) - Nachamichi CD400 head unit with correct amber backlighting - Blistein Sport shocks with Eibach springs provide a great ride and handling with ~1.5" lower ride height
* Professional "plastic bumper" conversion. The small plastic bumpers replaced the large aluminum "diving board" stock bumpers. This conversion appears to have been done correctly with all OEM parts.
* Timing belt and water pump, etc. changed at 150,000 (current mileage is 160,496)* A/C works great
* Dash is in perfect condition with NO cracks
* Seats are in nice condition, with some patina on the driver's lower bolster (see pictures)
* Includes both the black floor mats AND the pearl beige OEM floor mats--personally I prefer the contrast with the black mats, so that's what I used for the photos.
* Carpet is very clean with no stains or tears.
- The upper check panel "bulb out" reminder for the brake light is illuminated. However, all the brake lights are all working.
- The hood was professionally repainted due to a low-speed "incident" with a bicycle in downtown Seattle, WA, according to the previous owner. This is the "minor incident" listed on the AutoCheck report. I could not detect any difference in paint color or texture at all, so it appears to have been a very good job. I believe all the other paint is original.
- There are small touched-up paint chips on the hood and lower valence that are visible on close inspection. There are also minor scratches and imperfections that may not be visible in the pictures...please keep in mind this is a 28 year-old car, so it is not in perfect condition.
- The fabric manual top has no rips or holes, functions correctly and is watertight. However, the rear plastic window has a small tear that is sealed with 3M clear vinyl tape. The plastic trim around the window is also missing (see pictures). Repair kits for the window are available on eBay for $79.
In summary, this E30 is fun to drive (as are all E30's!), has been maintained very well since new with the records to prove it, and as a long-time BMWCCA member I hope to pass it along to another enthusiast who will enjoy it as much as I have. If you have any questions, please ask via the eBay "contact seller" link and I will respond as quickly as possible.
Please note that if you have negative or zero feedback, contact me BEFORE you bid. Otherwise I will cancel your bid in order to provide a fair auction to all bidders, especially considering this is a no-reserve auction.
If you would like to offer a Buy it Now price, please contact me. Please be aware that if there is less then 12 hours remaining in the auction, eBay does not permit a BIN sale to occur, so be sure to contact me as soon as possible.
Shipping: I can not provide shipping or delivery directly, but I am happy to coordinate with a shipper for pick-up if needed.
Also, don't forget to view all 98 high-resolution pictures athttps://flic.kr/s/aHskEUNbeD
Thanks for looking, and happy bidding!