1983 BMW 635CSI Grey Market Racecar
Price: US $4,000.00 Item location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 6-Series
- Type: 2 door
- Trim: RACECAR
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 1,234,567
- VIN: WBAGB4311LDB66366
- Color: Black
- Engine size: M30B35
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5-speed manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White Paint
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 BMW 6-SeriesFor sale is a Grey Market Euro 1983 BMW 635CSI Racecar. This car has been a used in Chumpcar for the last few years and has been owned by myself and three other members of the team. The car ran the original M30B34 Euro engine until it blew a hole in the side of the block and then we swapped in a US spec M30B35...which also blew a hole in the side of the block. So the car comes two M30B35 engines, one bad engine block sitting in the engine bay and another good engine that we acquired to replace the bad one in the car. The cylinder head on the engine in the car had just been rebuilt, it has maybe 4 hours of race time on it. It was not overheated and was decked, new valve seats, valve guides, etc. We have decided to sell the car because the team and I just don't have enough time to get together and wrench on the car and fix it the way it should be fixed to last an entire endurance race. The car has a lot of potential and a lot of very good parts to be able to be a top performer.
All photos can be found on the website Imgur. Ebay won't let me link to the gallery so what you will need to do is go to Imgur and type in the search bar "1983 bmw 635 racecar" and it should pop up.
I put in the "title" section that the title is clear. The car does not have a title as it was a grey market euro import way back in the day. Vehicle will be sold on a bill of sale. This car is far from street legal anyways. Also the VIN listed is not the VIN for the car, it is a VIN I found printed on a random ECU laying around. The car most likely had a serial number stamped somewhere but I could not find anything...because racecar
- Everything is set up and ready for an M30B35 engine. This car originally had an M30B34 and while similar, they are vastly different in terms of actually going into the car. Swap mounts are installed, wiring is sorted, and all other accessories are fitted to the engine. A lot of work went into getting a B35 into this car.
- Fully functional fire suppression system
- Full professionally installed and build roll cage. The cage in this thing is over built to say the least.
- Fuel cell with pump and filter set up
- Limited slip differential
- Two sets of 17 inch wheels with decent Nitto NT05 tires
- One set of 15 inch stock wheels.
- Blown up engine in the car has freshly rebuilt cylinder head
- Very little rust and a solid frame and body with little damage considering it has had many wheel to wheel hours raced
- A boat load of extra parts
- Belts are expired
- Blown up engine in the car so it does not currently run
- No title
- Needs some suspension work. Some of the rubber underneath is getting a little worn out. Thrust rod bushings were replaced and have only a few race hours on them.
- Car has been a little hacked up in some areas. This was budget race car and sometimes things were just made to work.
- Complete M30B35 US spec engine taken from a 735i
- M30B35 parts: 2 oil pans, Oil filter housing, throttle body, timing cover, exhaust manifolds, cam cover, wiring harness, alternator, starter, multiple intakes, about 3 or 4 cylinder heads and more if you include the rebuilt head on the blown up bottom end in the car and the head on the engine that will come with the car, many more miscellaneous items for the B35
- M30B34 Euro parts: Cylinder head, intake, injectors, oil pan, and more miscellaneous items that were salvaged from the blown up euro B34
- Instrument Cluster
- A few picked apart gasket sets
- multiple ECUs
- 2 used rear axles
- Multiple air boxes
- Oil hoses for oil cooler BMW hoses and cooler
- Front subframe
- steering box
- Diff of unknown ratio
- Radiators of unknown condition
- Trunklid with rubber spoiler lip
- 6 unmounted Nitto NT05 225/40/ZR17 tires
- 7 Nitto NT05 225/40/ZR17 tires mounted to 17 inch beyern wheels (8 wheels total one has no tire)
- 4 hancook 225/50/ZR15 mounted to stock 15 inch wheels
- Rear valance
- Steering wheel
- Extra injectors galore
- New front and rear rotors
- 2 Sets of Pagid front brake pads half used
- Brake calipers
- Radio antenna
- 3 feet of roll bar padding
- Front sway bar (stock)
- These are just the notable items. There are bins of misc. parts for days.
The price listed is OBO so if there are any questions maybe someone might be interested in certain parts or just the car by itself a deal can be made. If interested lets talk!