CLASSIC 1975 BMW 2002 4 SPEED SLICK TOP BLUE PLATE CALIFORNIA E10. LOW RESERVE!
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2002
- Trim: 2002 E10
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 26,823
- VIN: 2362326
- Engine size: 2.O LITER FOUR CYLINDER
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 BMW 2002
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare collectible classic 1975 BMW 2002 TWO-DOOR COUPE!
Finished in "Chamonix" white over navy blue, this 40 YEAR-OLD E10 chassis BMW shows just over 26,800 miles on its working five-digit odometer. I am guessing that the actual mileage is 126,000 miles or more, but cannot 100% verify this to be true. In any case, you are looking at a 40+ year-old exampleof the iconic double 02. The legendary 2002 was THE car that put BMW on the map here in the U.S. and has spawned many following generations of the BMW sport sedan! This BLUE LICENSE PLATE CALIFORNIA specimen sports an good running 2.0 liter inline four cylinder engine mated to the factory 4 speed manual transmission. Stopping power is provided by front disc and rear drum brakes. It features factory air conditioning, rare 13" BBS Mahle alloy wheels with NEW Khumo rubber, reclining bucket seats, wing vent windows, original steel wheeled spare tire, jack and the coveted original factory owners manual. This classic 2002 starts right up, has smooth running engine, nice shifting transmission, solid braking and tight and responsive steering! This little "driver-quality" example is a great value here on Ebay........for about the cost of the sales tax alone on a new depreciating 3 series coupe.
PLEASE CALL Evan at 650-350-8828TO SCHEDULE VIEWINGS & MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
I ALSO HAVE DOZENS MORE DETAILED PHOTOS BY REQUEST!
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this car is in FAIR, not-quite rust-free throughout! The Chamonix white paint has a still decent shine to its finish with original contrasting black and aluminum trim pieces. As is obvious, the driver side door is dented and crumpled with moulding tacked in place. While structurally very solid with excellent shock towers front and rear there are a couple of surface corrosion bubbles forming in a few places. I have detailed photos if you desire.
As I hope is articulated in the photos here, the interior of this car is in FAIR, quite original condition overall.Positive attributes include nice original headliner, 320is sport steering wheel, original carpets, working odometer, working lights and blinkers, reclining seats, factory a/c console. Imperfections insde the car include tattered rear seat top, inoperative a/c and heater blower fan, stereo hole in console, speaker holes in original door panels, heat cracks on the dash board and other miscellaneous wear spots.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This little Bimmer starts easily with strong running engine, good shifting transmission[loose shifter bushings though] free of the typical 2nd gear grinding, very solid and straight braking with excellent pedal feel, fairly tight and controlled suspension and quiet exhaust system. At 40+ years old this 2002 still hums nicely down the highway with its open and airy cockpit. Driving this car on the open road reminds you why BMW sedans have the the benchmark in their segment.
DETAILS AND $$
1. This 1975 BMW 2002 will besold with clear and clean California title AND current 2016 registration. It is smog-exempt here in California due to the year [pre-1976].I welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel and inspect this car in person.NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.