M50 Swapped E21 320i
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 320i
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 240,000
- VIN: WBAAG3301D8385280
- Color: Safari Beige
- Engine size: M50
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 BMW 3-Series
The car started out as a 1982/3 320i 5-speed in safari-beige. The car now has a single VANOS M50 (mileage now ~240k) with the ZF 5-Speed. All motor electronics have been replaced within 15k miles (small sensors, MAF, O2 sensor, etc). I've driven this car for roughly two years mainly as a DD year round in Denver, Colorado (~15k miles since the swap). Car has successfully passed emissions test in Denver. The 3 inch exhaust is very loud, it's reasonable on a short drive, but extended journeys you'd likely want headphones/earplugslargelydue to rasp.
- Motor Mounts - Classic Daily M50 E21 Swap mounts.
- Cooling - Behr S54 M-Coupe track day radiator (thicker than stock) with Spal 16".
- Exhaust - Stainless headers to full stainless dual 2.25" to single 3" exhaust with high flow Vibrant cat, center resonator style Vibrant muffler, and rear baffled Magnaflow muffler.
- Suspension - Bilstien Sport with Eibach Springs.
- Bushings - Eurometric Poly Bushings throughout (front and rear sway bar mounts, front and rear control arms, rear-subframe mounts, steering rack bushings, rear strut mounts).
- Wheels & Tires - Riken Mesh 15" with new Dunlop DZ102 205-50R15.
- Spare Wheels & Tires - I have some E21 Mahle spoke in 13"x5.5" with Firestone Winterforce tires (well used, but I have two new tires ready for mounting).
- Additional Parts/Maintenance - New Bosch 044 external fuel pump with new in-tank feed pump. Rebuilt injectors.
The car has some rust, sheet metal below the drivers side tail light, surface rust under paint cracks, and a small but isolated hole in thefront left of the drivers footwell.
I also have tons of spare parts that can be included.Spares include: used alternator, spare M50 with warped or cracked head (torn down), rebuilt VANOS unit, new wheel bearings, and new brake system parts.
I have a set of non-sport E21 seats, and center console parts in storage. These were in pretty poor condition when I bought the car and will need some work, so I left them out of the initial build.
I'm only selling this because I have too many cars and need to focus time and space on the others.