1987 BMW 325i Convertible, 5 speed, LSD, BBS Wheels, manual top
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- SubModel: Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 325iC
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 115,981
- VIN: WBABB1304H8270251
- Color: Cinnabar Red
- Engine size: 2.5L Inline 6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 BMW 3-Series Convertible
For sale is my 1987 BMW 325i Convertible. It is a Cinnabar Red exterior with a black leather interior and a black canvas manual convertible top. I have owned the car for just over 4 years and have put about 22k miles on it in this time. It has been mostly garaged. It will come with a complete service history from my ownershi, and a partial service history from the previous 3 owners, as well as the original manual/service booklet and production inspection tag.
When I purchased the car the odometer was inoperable, at the time it read 94,840miles. It was fixed with a kit from OdometerGears within 3 weeks of my ownership. Given what I know of the car's history from the previous owner it seems the car was driven very little for a number of years before I purchased it.
Exterior -- 7.5/10
• Cinnabar Red paint, as far as I can tell all original and 29 years old. Normal wear and tear for the age. Some rock chips, thin scratch on passenger side door, ding and scratched paint next to and below driver side tail light, dime sized surface rust spot below chrome trim from driver side rear window.
• Top is 3 years old and was professionally replaced
• BBS gold wheels with a chrome lip. I believe these were dealer installed, I have no proof however. This is the only set of wheels this car has.
• Recently refreshed fog-lights.
• Smiley style headlights, installed last year, original sealed beams included in sale.
• All shocks replaced for hood, trunk, and convertible top lip.
• New front convertible top front seal as well as top driver side seal.
Interior -- 9/10
• Original black leather interior with sport seats, 3 spoke steering wheel
• Crack free dash
• 9 Button computer
• Alpine deck with USB, AUX, and a 30pin iPod connector in the glove box, the factory amp has been wired around so the L/R Balance switch on the dash does not work, speakers are stock
• Schmiedmann floor mats
Drivetrain -- 8.5/10
• Timing belt serviced when I first purchased the car, ~20k miles/4years ago
• Coolant hoses, accessory belts, thermostat, tensioners serviced at the same time as timing belt
• Alternator replaced 3.5 years ago, lifetime replacement warranty from O'Reiley's
• Ignition wires, distributor rotor and cap were replaced 2 years ago
• Valve cover gasket replaced, and valves gapped and adjusted this Spring
• Transmission and differential oils changed this spring
• Coolant serviced last summer
• AC System serviced and recharged last summer
• Fuel filter and high pressure fuel pump replaced 3.5 years/18k miles ago
• Clutch slave cylinder replaced 4 years ago, clutch master cylinder replaced 3 years ago
• Clutch replaced 2 years ago along with majority of shifter bushings, as well as the rear main seal
• Driveshaft flex disk replaced this spring, as well as a new shifter input shaft seal, old one caused a small oil leak while driving
• Bilstein Sport shocks installed all around, rear shock mounts replaced, front control arm bushings replaced 3.5 years ago
• Tires were replaced as soon as I purchased that car and have about 21k miles on them
In the interest of full disclosure, I must say that 3 years ago the car suffered a break in where the thieves cut the convertible top, got in the car and stole the Alpine deck that was installed in it by the previous owner. I filed a police report and also filed a claim against myself with the insurance company to get the top as well as the stereo replaced at qualified shops.
I'm selling this car because I'd like to focus on my other car and free up room in the garage.