1987 BMW 535is E28 3.5L 5spd Manual Euro Converted Alpine Cardinal
Price: - Item location: Sacramento, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 5-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 535is
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 236,485
- VIN: WBADC7401H1715626
- Color: White
- Engine size: Inline 6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Cardinal
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 BMW 5-SeriesI've owned this car for close to 5years, but it’s time to let the next enthusiast enjoy this E28. I’ve driven this car ~16,500 miles and it has averaged 20.5 miles per gallon. I've commuted to work, taken on multiple road trips, the car has been excellent.Highlights:
- Runs very well, handles corners extremely well
- Always receivesgreat feedback
- Passed California smog fourtimes, in 2011, 2013, 2015& 2016
- Euro bumpers, Hartgespoiler& side skirts, Zender rearapron
- Euro license plate with correct CA license number. Original license plate is included.
- Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks & struts
- BMW M-Technic springs
- Dinan performance computer chip
- BMP strut brace
- BMW OEM E28 M5swaybars
- 3:73 LSD
- Bosch 19# Type IIIfuelinjectors
- M30B35 intake manifold
- Replaced inner high beams with low beam Cibie CSR, used asdaytime running lights. Completely reversible. Original high beamsareincluded with the sale.
- Trunk weather strip replaced
- Driver door cylinder lock replaced with new parts, turns & works perfectly
- Beautiful Cardinal red leather interior, rare to see in such great condition
- Headrestsfront andrear, in excellent condition
- Recovered M-Tech I steering wheel with BMW colored lacings
- A/Ccompressorwas replaced with OEM BMW,convertedback to R12. Blowsvery, verycold.
- Kenwood KDC 152installed in 2013
- Rust spot on outside of left rear door, next to the driver door. Quoted from $650 to $920 to repair. See close-up pic in the link below.
- Paint is not perfect. Thinning in a few spots. Various scratches & small dings.
- The side skirts have small cracks and paint chips,particularlynear therear wheels
- Right rear door handle has some fading
- Small oil leak. Creates twosmallspots on the garage floor everyfew weeks
- Tiresare approximatelyhalf worn
- Cruise control is intermittent
- Window tintis worn,particularlythe rear window
- Driver floor matisa bitworn
- Various cracks on the dash–seeclose up pics in the link
- Previous owner estimated the mileage at 210,000 when the US cluster was replaced. At the time of my purchase, the Euro cluster read354,020km, or 219,977 miles.
- The clustercurrentlyreads 380,586km, or ~236,485 miles. I drive it about once a week, mileage will gradually increase.
Additional pics here
If you’d like to learn more, please message me.