1979 BMW 528I E12. EXCEPTIONAL ORIGINAL RUST-FREE BLUE PLATE CALIFORNIA CLASSIC
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 5-Series
- Trim: 528i
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 147,127
- VIN: SCCFE33CXVHF65207
- Engine size: 2.8 liter inline six cylinder
- Drive type: rear wheel drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 BMW 5-Series
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare classic 1979 BMW 528i E12 Sedan!
Finished in all original "Chamonix" white paint over blue cloth interior, this unmolested blue California license plate California specimen has been driven a mere 147,400 actual miles since new. It sports a nice running 2.8 liter inline six cylinder engine mated to the factory automatic transmission with stopping power provided by four-wheel disc brakes. It features factory 14:" alloy wheels with excellent, near new tires, updated cd stereo, reclining seats, wood trim, air conditioning and electric windows. It is being offered as part of my personal collection being sold with clear and clean California title. This is a great find for the BMW collector OR for someone who wants a cool original classic..................................... FOR ABOUT THE COST OF THE SALES TAX ALONE ON A NEW QUICKLY DEPRECIATING 5 SERIES BMW!
PLEASE CALL Evan at 650-350-8828 FOR QUESTIONS OR TO SCHEDULE TEST DRIVES AND/ORMECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this nearly 40 year-old classic BMW is in excellent 99.99% rust-free condition overall with deep and lustrous white paint finish, nice original trim and original alloy wheels with excellent rubber. There are just a few very minor cosmetic imperfections including minor rock chips and various light scratches along with a brush touched up scratch on the rear deck lid.
As I hope is articulated in the photos here, the interior of this car is also in very good to excellent original condition throughout with near-flawless original dash and wood trim. The lights, blinkers, horn and all other gauges and controls function as they should. There is some light wear and tear specifically on the top of the rear seat fabric, a tiny beginning of a crack on the vinyl dash. The A/C is not blowing cold [nor have I needed it that for many years] and there is some discoloration on the rear headliner pillars. Overall this is one still very handsome and comfortable classic cockpit!
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1979 and starts and runs beautifully with smooth acceleration, crisp shifting transmission and nicely balanced handling, excellent straight braking and whisper quiet and smooth suspension. Overall this is a splendid driving automobile in the BMW tradition.
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1979 BMWwill besold with clean and clear California certificate of title in my name.It will be smogged if purchased by a California resident and sold "AS IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressedor implied.I welcome prospective new owners to come see, drive, feel and inspect this car in person.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully!
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close. [Buy-it-now requires immediate $500 payment]
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.