CLASSIC 1987 BMW 535IS. FACTORY 5 SPEED E28. ZINNOBERROT ON BLACK. NO RESERVE!
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 5-Series
- Trim: 535is
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 195,599
- VIN: WBADC7403J1717383
- Engine size: 3.5
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 BMW 5-Series
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare classic 1987 BMW 535is E28 5 speed sedan AT NO RESERVE!!
Finished in Zinnoberrot red over black leather, his two-year-only factory sport model 535is features a very good running 3.5 liter 182 horsepower inline six cylinder engine mated to the highly desirable 5 speed manual transmission. Stopping power is provided by four wheel disc brakes with anti-lock. This E28-chassis 5 series is like a poor man's M5 with same front and rear spoilers, port suspension, lectric windows, ruise control and electric tilt and sliding sunroof, lectric mirrors, ecaro-sourced electric leather seats and on this car, 5" BMW E34 wheels with excellent rubber that replaced the standard TRXs. The NON-working odometer shows 195.XXX miles but the actual chassis miles on the car is estimated at just over 200k..
This classic E28 is a great value here for the Bimmerphile or someone who simply wants a cool and inexpensive classic BMW for LESS THAN the price of the sales tax alone on a new, uickly-depreciating three series sedan.
PLEASE CALL650-350-8828 FOR QUESTIONS,TEST DRIVES AND/ORMECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1987 535is is far from concourse showroom condition. The paint has a still decent overall shine with many imperfections. There is a soft dented area on the driver side front door [which I believe is the cause of the salvage title], wo isolated touched up corrosion spots, learcoat failure on the hood, issing fog lights and other nicks, cratches and other cosmetic blemishes all around this car. Even it it state of "patina", his nearly thirty year old classic E28 still retains a strong visual presence.
The interior of this1987 BMW is in fair condition overall. Positives include working electric windows and sunroof, actory three spoke steering wheel, ood door panels, orking horn, linkers, emp gauge and....well then there is a smattering of defects including dash cracks, orn and torn leather, tereo missing, dometer inop, /c probably not working, lectric seats not functioning, attered shifter boot and a few other items I am sure I have missed. Someone with a bit of mechanical aptitude can easily bring this cockpit back to its original glory.
This 1987 BMW starts fine, as strong running engine, he transmission shift ok free of any grinding with good clutch feel, he steering and suspension are solid with typical light shimmy and the braking is secure. This is still a satisfying car with that unassisted classic BMW feel
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1987 BMW will besold with California salvage certificate of title.PLEASE NOTE: I will sell this car to a non-California resident ONLY!
It will be sold "AS IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressedor implied.I welcome prospective new owners to come see, rive, eel and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, LEASE bid thoughtfully!
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close. [Buy-it-now requires immediate $500 payment]
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, ank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.