1977 BMW 320I 4 SPEED WITH HARDY AND BECK TURBOCHARGER! 99% RUST-FREE CA. E21!
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- Type: TWO DOOR SEDAN
- Trim: E21
- Year: 1977
- Mileage: 113,300
- VIN: 5404718
- Color: BLACK
- Engine size: TURBOCHARGED 1.8 LITER
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: GASOLINE
- Transmission: 4 SPEED MANUAL
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Interior color: TAN AND BLACK
- Drive side: LEFT HAND DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 BMW 3-Series E21
Offered for an appreciating new owneris this unique Hardy And Beck Turbocharged 1977 BMW 320i!
Finished in "Schwarz" black over tan, this 40+ year-old classic E21-chassis 320i features a 1.8 liter inline four cylinder engine with a turbocharger system installed by Hardy And Beck located just across the bay in Berkeley, California. This cool little two-door Bimmer shows just over 113,300 miles on its working odometer. I am told that it is ORIGINAL but due to the year I cannot 100% verify the miles. This 320i features the factory 4 sped manual transmission, front disc and rear drum brakes, classic fog lamps, rare Scheel Mann bucket seats, 15" four-lug Alpina replica alloy wheels with B.F. Goodrich rubber, console-mounted turbo and other gauges, factory manual crank sunroof, roll up windows and "Hardy And Beck" gold striping decals, This unique appreciating classic BMW is being sold with clean and clear California title and, with a low reserve here, it s a good value...for about the cost of the sales tax alone on a new M3!
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1977 BMW is in good to very good 99.9% rust-free condition overall. The paint has a very nice overall gleam to the finish with what looks to be original bumpers and trim. The front hood and the sunroof panel are showing an inferior paint finish and there are a few expected rock nicks, scratches and other blemishes to the body finish commensurate to what one would expect of a four-decade old vehicle. Overall this is still one striking vintage E21 with a nice stance and a powerful presence.
As I hope is articulated in the photos, the interior of this 1977 BMW is in respectable condition overall with sport steering wheel, Scheel seats, original tan vinyl back seat, nice original door panels, excellent nearly crack-free dash, good original headliner, original loop carpeting and all of the gauges in good working order. Imperfections inside this car include missing sunroof crank end tip, missing center console panel, tears on the seat upholstery, a little drilled hole on the side of the seat, inop horn and blinkers. Overall, this is one still cool, comfortable classic cockpit.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This H & B 320i starts, idles and runs very well. It just received a new head gasket, resurfaced head new battery and all new fluids. With approximately 170 horsepower versus the original 105, this is a fun little car to drive. Yes, like the factory turbocharged 1974 2002tii, there is considerable lag but once the boost kicks in it is transformed into quite the little screamer [as you can see and hear in the videos below] with quite strong torquey acceleration, crisp shifting transmission with excellent pedal feel, good straight braking and solid, rattle-free suspension. All in all a unique and groovy old driving machine!
LINK TO MANY MORE PHOTOS HERE:
WALKAROUND VIDEO: https://youtu.be/YJxWCjCEc5w
TEST DRIVE VIDEO INSIDE THE CAR:https://youtu.be/AyXnFqSV9p0
TEST DRIVE VIDEO FROM OUTSIDE THE CAR:https://youtu.be/ESgkUfjA1B4
DETAILS AND $$$$
1. This 1977 BMW 320i is being sold with clear and clean title. PLEASE NOTE: Due to expired registration I STRONGLY prefer to sell to a NON-California buyer. It will be sold "AS IS" "WHERE IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.|
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
AND.....,,,,.PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.