Austin Healey 100-8 BN1
Price: - Item location: Placentia, California, United States
- Make: Austin Healey
- Model: 100
- Year: 1954
- Mileage: 4,350
- VIN: 1B139716
- Engine size: 289ci Ford V8 (1965)
- Transmission: 4spd. Ford T-10 manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1954 Austin Healey 100
1954 Austin Healey 100-V8 BN1
Pulling inspiration from Carroll Shelby's first choice, to put an American V8 in the Healey 100.The car that would have been the Cobra, but the deal fell apart and the rest is history.
- This rust-free car has been inCaliforniasince the 1970's and was disassembled by the previous owner.
- For about 10 years itjourneyedthrough multiple body and fabrication shops.
- The bodywork (very complex understructure)not accepted til done to perfection,fender seams lead filled on top, stainless locking hardware and bonding epoxy on the bottom.
- Properly fabricated improvements to the chassis were made to accommodate the new suspension, engine, cooling system, transmission and rear-end changes.
- Unfortunately in late 2014, well before the car could be completed, the previous owner ranout of money andput the unfinished projectup for sale.
Suspension & Differential:F: Duel A-arms, Cerrera QA1adjustablecoilovers & 3/4in. adj. roll barR: Ford 8in. live axle w/Trac Loc LSD, Cerrera QA1adjustableshocks, double trailing linksonleaf springs,1/2in.adjustableroll bar & Panhard barSteering:Manual rack & pinion, 16' Moto~Lita classic mahoganysteering wheelBrakes:F: 13in. Duel piston calipers, vent/slot/doted disc R: 11in. Single piston calipers, vent/slot/doted discwith power duel master cylinder & Willwood bias controller
Wheels:18' TSW "Nurburgring" rotary forged alloys
Tires:Nitto NT1 225/40-18 F & 275/35-18 R (75% remaining)
Seats:Ferrari 250 lusso styled "one offs" in saddle brown w/matching shifter & brake bootInstruments:Stuart Warner classic deluxe black faced gauges, battery; Optima "red top"
Lighting:P700-Tripod headlights, Oem taillightsTransmission:Ford T-10 4spd. manual, McLeod billet #24 flywheel & Ram HD clutch/press plate,new synthetic gear oil
Engine: built by Fullmer Motorcars
1965 Ford 289ci. V, block casting date 5E11 (1965/May/11th)
300hp @ 6,000 & 300lbs @ 4,500 - est. at flywheel (16% loss)251hp @ 6,000 & 249lbs @ 4,500 - dynoed at wheels ! The engine build sheet:
Speed-Pro hypereutecticpistons +.040, OEM rods peenedElgin E811s cam, Comp Cams: flat tap lifters/push rods/roller rockersMicro polished crank, premium cam/crank & rod bearingsARP main cap & head bolts, double roller chainCompletely balanced rotating assemblyRe-surfaced block -.010, tanked, freeze plugs & "old ford blue" engine paintRe-surfaced heads -.005, harden valve seats, SS valves, fresh guidesCometic MLS head gaskets, Weiand Stealth duel plane intake manifoldAccel coil, 1/2in. woodcarburetorspacer, K&N air filterNew Ford water pump, V-belts & all fluidsNewcadmiumplated oil pan, 40wt brake-in oil Included in the sale:An original AH 100 convertible frame with nos black vinyl top, both in good condition &2nd reargear set.Note:The convertible top is not fitted, number plates arevinyl & hood/trunk lid are fiberglass.
Terms of this sale:- Sold"as is-where is" there are nowarranties expressed or implied, on a clearCaliforniastate title. - Car willnot be released til100% of funds are cleared at the sellers bankinginstitution.
Contact via:Fullmercars.com Also available at Fullmer Motorcars:2003 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish - Black/black, 13k miles, in CA. since new1972 De'tomaso Pantera - a real Pre-L,available for complete restoration, metal finished body1974 Alfa Romeo GTV - Green/black, exceptional driver, w/recentrestorationwork (coming soon)