1962 Austin Healey MKII BT7 Tri-carb British Heritage Cert Black red leather
- Condition: Used
- Make: Austin Healey
- Model: G80
- SubModel: Tri-carb
- Type: BT7
- Trim: 3000 BT7
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 10
- VIN: HBT7L16461
- Color: Black
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: red
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Great visibility with top down :)
- Options: Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Austin Healey G80 3000 BT7
1962 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 rare Tri-carb all new, all original
note: ebay made me remove youtube link to ad.... so this is relisted without youtube link, email if you would like link
NOTE: We would suggest serious inquires contact us through ebayto discuss any questions you have on vehicle !
This 1962 Healey 3000 tri-carb has gone through nearly a 3 year restoration and has been updated back to its British Heritage documented black over red leather interior with a few updates to make it nicer then original
A summary of this car includes near perfect PPG black clear coat including PPG 2021 clear coat, PPG base coat, rebuilt all numbers matching engine, rebuilt original carbs, rechromed OEM bumpers, trim, chrome, Butyl rubber sound deadening throughoutthe cockpit with new alumnizedcarpet pad and high end custom carpet kit cut to OEM Healey specs, all new bright red leather match interior, new brakes, exhaust muffler, bottom of car detailed and repainted black. We stripped the body of car to bare metal and a lot of undercarriage no corrosion but a bit of surface rust on undercarriage
Below is a partial bullet point list of the 3 years of work done to update this Healey to like new condition
Have hundreds of pictures of restoration that come with purchase of car
Engine & Drive train
•Numbers matching engine was rebuilt with zero miles on it when we received car with 1 size over with new pistons. We rebuilt cylinder head as had one bad valve. So essentially new engine number matching correct production series etc. If you are not familiar with Healeys number on engine is from a production date range that matches year of car usually year before model year of car. This car has correct number for the car is original engine (picture included in ad)
•All peripherals on engine were replaced with new when engine. Rebuilt, re-cored original radiator
• Transmission serviced shifts flawlessly through 4 speeds and reverse
• All new gas tank, fuel lines and fuel pump
•New Battery, new clutch, new brakes, new brake hoses, cool stainless exhaust tips
• Original wire wheels stripped and repainted to OEM specifications with new tubes and good tires
Body and Appearance
•Car was stripped partly disassembled coat in epoxy primer, repainted in OEM PPG black base coat and PPG 2021 best clear coat . Entire car inside cabin, undercarriage, engine bay, trunk etc. all repainted
• New windshield, windshield seals installed
• OEM bumpers re-chromed with new bumper mounts
• New badges, trim, emblems front and back
• All electrical works less we need to install new flasher for turn signal but switches on steering wheel all seem to test out ok. So will add new flasher box before end of auction
•Bottom of car in un-molested in like new shape. Has been power washed and detailed in black paint for preservation, no undercoating.
• Roadster top frame all reconditioned and installed behind rear seat on car. Have not selected black or red top as though new owner might want to select black (what it originally shipped with see British Heritage certificate) or select a red top to match interior (would be quite stunning)
•Updated interior with upgraded high end carpet cut to OEM specifications with new heal pads, butyl rubber sound deadening, heat barrier carpet pad,
• New Skinner door panels and custom leather interior (front and back seats) with matching vinyl on back
• Original dash recovered with matching bright red vinyl.
• Original seats all redone with new foam, leather, new seat tracks
• New seatbelts front and back.
•There is an old period correct car and speakers in car that probably works we have hooked it up as sort of figure new owner will either want period correct radio or a modern upgraded stereo.
• All gauges in place in good condition. Tachometer fully functioning, oil pressure gauge working, temp gauge may need new sending unit form engine intermittent, speedometer was working on last test drive but is intermittent might need updated cable, all interior lights work, switches work, dash lights all work perfectly
Electrical and other
•All electrical seems to work flawless with exception turn signals need new flasher relay but original switch on steering wheel seems to work.
•Orignal Healey steering wheel in excellent shape
•Trunk nicely sorted, all repainted, new battery, OEM battery cutoff all works
•Shock towers, frame rails, rockers all look as new. When going through car found only minor corrosion in 2 or 3 small areas under car that were cut out and replaced with new steel. Essentially about as rust free a Tii as you will find
Have videos of car running driving contact us message through ebay
Minor items to Address
We can address this final punch list of buyer specific preference items or new owner can as simple do it your DIY items
• Remote hood unlock mechanism is there, we updated cable, new parts and latches but still needs some adjustment. Healeys were quite advanced having a cable pull unlock for hood inside cabin. Safety catches on side of hood are all installed so car quite usable as is
• As mentioned above a radio is installed but is not wired one of those bi polar prefences from original to all modern ipod / blue tooth.. you choose
• Heater fan cables appear to be in place but need some adjustment under hood and wiper arms are not yet installed (don't plan to drive in rain)
• Spare tire wheel with car but needs tire. We sort of figured we or new owner would purchase new tires and use one of existing as spare
• As mentioned above roadster top mechanism all rebuilt, new Tenex fastners installed but we have not selected a black or red top. Tops are inexpensive and do not require any specialized expertise to install
• We installed temporary side mirror in door holes for side curtains... work well as again figured new owner might prefer front fender mirrors or OEM door mirrors. Inexpensive but body work to fix wrong install would not be cheap ... so new owner can select and install with a screw driver
This Healey Tri cab BT7 drives nicelyand is a rare opportunity a rust free, original Big Healey roadster Car has less then 10 miles on it since update and may require minor debugging or we can test and drive car more for new owner.
Selectclassics specializes in building / engineering to order classic cars to purposeful use. We build cars back to original OEM but prefer to modernize the cars for even wider use. This may include performance upgrades to engine, driver train, suspension to modern HVAC system, leather interiors, lighting, sound systems, convenience features etc. Unlike some professional car retailing operation we build these cars and have been through this car in detail. We can offer additional work at very reasonable rates, can swap in original seats and steering wheel or other perferences for buyer
So enjoy bidding or contact us we can answer any questions on this build or others.
We encourage in person inspections of all cars for sale. We will answer questions as honestly and completely as possible but this auction of for car AS IS and we encourage buyer's physical inspection / verification of all information herein.
Please take your bid seriously
This vehicle is for sale locally and we reserve the right to end auction for local sale. This is a rare car in rare condition that provides the unique opportunity to experience car in an upgraded original form and / or to upgrade key features now or later.
Here is a series of pictures during a video / photo shoot for clothing firm commercial. A film production company that rented the Healey for eye candy for their production