1961 Austin Healey BN7 Mark II (Tri Carb)
- Make: Austin Healey
- Model: 3000
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Silver
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 39,000
- VIN: H-BN7-L/14691
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 6 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 Austin Healey 3000 Silver
For Sale By Owner
VERY RARE 1961 Austin Healey BN7 Mark II (Tri-Carb)
- VIN # H-BN7-L/14691, Engine # 29E-RU-H/926
- Only 355 made and it is believed that less than 100 are in existence today with most located off shore.
- This may be one of the rarest BN7 Tri-Carbs in existence. If you are a serious
collector you will want to consider adding this car to your collection.
- The Mark II BN7 Tri-Carb is the lowest production run of any Austin Healey
with the exception of the 100S, which is now exceeding $1MM in value due to it’s
rarity and limited production. The 100S and the 3000 Mark II were both
produced with 132 HP direct from the factory and today the BN7 Mark II is
perhaps one of the most sought after Healey’s for investment purposes.
- This car is very unique in the fact that it was owned and restored by the late
Norman Nocks, author of ‘Austin Healey Tech Talk’ and founder of
British Car Specialists of Stockton, CA. Norman restored this car in 1993
for his own personal use. Through his many Tech Talk Seminars and tech
newsletters, Norman became world renowned as a recognized authority in the
repair and restoration of Austin Healey’s. Norman drove and showed this car at
many events throughout the US and Canada.
- Numbers matching car with authenticity supported by a Heritage Certificate an registered with Healeydata.com
- New interior installed in 2016,with original factory spec’d materials supplied
by John-Skinner British Upholstery of the UK. This car is now featured on
the John-Skinner website as one of his featured cars.
- As quoted in Bill Emerson’s The Healey Book, ‘…..the BN7 Tri-Carb was
introduced for competition, not the showrooms......’ and with it’s triple carb
setup, it remains a great competitor.
-Many upgrades have been made to this car during it’s restoration to improve
reliability and drivability, without compromising originality. Upgrades include
totallyrebuilt and balanced engine,electronic ignition, 185/70R15 Riken tires, 72 spoked
chrome wire wheels, relocatedfuel pump, concentric oil pump, stainless muffler, six bladed fan, 12 volt system, Bristleflex seals in the doors, high speed starter.
- NO rust or corrosion and no signs of this car ever having rust.
- New tires less than 500 miles ago.
- Driven to Chicago last year and won 1st Place in it's class in the Road America
This car needs nothing and comes with a new tonneau cover, new soft top, side curtains, jack and hammer, documentation including a log and journal of it’s history following the restoration, Heritage Certificate, extra parts, and an autographed copy of Austin Healey Tech Talk, by Norman Nock. The reserve on this car has been set well below the Hagerty Valuation price. I have four cars in my collection and two of them need to go. My other cars I would consider selling are a 1956 BN2, and a 1963 XKE, both in the same outstanding condition. I am not a dealer or broker but a private party selling one of my finest cars.
Thank you for looking at my car. The winner of this auction will be purchasing a VERY special Tri-Carb BN7 with No disappointments. This car will be sold as-is, with no warranty expressed or implied. Milage is shown as 39,000 but cannot be verified as original. I can take additional pictures as needed and I am available to answer any questions, please give me a call at 952-457-8437. I can assist with arranging transportation around the world.
This car is being advertised locally so the car may be sold prior to the end of the auction. Call me if you care to discuss a buy it now price.
Thank you and best of luck bidding.