1959 Austin Healey Sprite Bugeye w/1275 engine, 5 speed Trans & More--NO RESERVE
Price: US $12,000.00 Item location: Lambertville, New Jersey, United States
- Make: Austin Healey
- Model: Sprite
- SubModel: Bugye
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: None
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 99,999
- VIN: N5L7979
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: Upgraded 1275cc
- Number of cylinders: Four
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5 Speed Datsun by Rivergate and Installation kit
- Drive type: 5 speed
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 Austin Healey Sprite BugyeThis is a solid running Bugeye with many upgrades. It looks good and turns heads but as with all vintage cars it could use some loving anddetailing (see the photos at the bottom of the listing). I purchased the car with the thought of just doing a slight restoration but it just kept going The car was completelyrepainted about 8years as part of my restoration process after removing all interior and exterior bits of the car including the engine transmission seats dash....etc. There are now some bubbles showing up (see photos at bottom) but as thispoint are surface only. As with any 56 year old car it is impossible to describe every imperfection. I must mention that the grille was backed into causing some dents in it and cracks (See photos at bottom).Major upgrades include transmission engine and brakes. Details listed below:Year: 1959 Vin #AN5L7979Title: NJ cleanMileage:28000 miles on speedometer currently (actual miles unknown) Use mostly for seasonal cruising around the area I live in. (Great for going out for ice cream).Color: Yellow same color as a Mini.Engine: Upgraded to 1275 engine. Additional Mods include: - Camshaft: Swiftune SW5-07w/duplex gear set - Cylinder Head: High-Performance No-Lead - Bored out Cylinders (Not bored to Maximum). Brakes: Was4-wheel disc brakes upgraded front brakes to disc brakes from an MG Midget.PaintCondition:Some blemishes here and there but the car presents well. See the photos. Those bubbles and scratches shown in the photos can be repaired easily with touch up paintRust: Not much to speak of but remember "Rust Never Sleeps".Tuning: Running nicely. Electric points in the distributor.Oil: Like most British cars this car drips a slight amount of oil. (No smoking from exhaust).Electrical: 12V POSITIVE GROUND. Something about this originality I like.Tranny: 5-speed upgrade using Datsun 210 tranny rebuilt by Rivergate installed using the Rivergate installation kit.Flywheel: Lightened Aluminum makes for quick revving of engine.Starting: Car starts right up with choke when cold. Once warm no choke necessary to restart.Tires: Front show wear. 2 new unmounted tires included with car.Miscellaneous:
- Tonneau cover
- Side Curtains (Need to be redone but they do mount on the doors (mounting screws (4) with car)
- Comes with following: Repair Manual Owners Handbook
- Electric Fan installed on Raditor w/Thermostat control
- Speedometer works intermittently Tach is fine Gas gauge not working.
- Wipers work
- Lights work (low & high beam) directionals work horn works.
- Stock muffler replaced with Harley Muffler
- Not sure if the wiper fluid assembly works – never tried getting it to work.
- HEATER BOX and housing removed from engine compartment. Never needed it and I like the extra room I have to work under the hood. All Parts of it are available
- (Fan heater etc...do not have the air intake hose).
- One seats belt drivers side installed. Other seat belt kit will be included.
- I have some custom made wood blocks that are used to raise the car for service using a jack. They will be provided to the new owner if desired.
- Lots of misc bits and bobs.
- Please let me know if further information is desired.
- Does it squeak and rattle...bumpy on rough roads...you bet - it is a 1959 Bugeye Sprite.