1961 BN7 Tri-Carb Mark II Austin Healey
- Condition: Used
- Make: Austin Healey
- Model: 3000
- SubModel: Tri Carb BN7
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Black
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 38,500
- VIN: HBN7-L/14691
- Engine size: 132 HP
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 Austin Healey 3000 Tri Carb BN7
VERY RARE 1961 Austin Healey BN7 Mark II (Tri-Carb)
This is an opportunity to own an extremely rare investment classic car. No disappointments, you will not find a finer example of an original BN7 Tri-Carb.
- VIN # H-BN7-L/14691, Engine # 29E-RU-H/926
- Only 355 made and it is believed that only 30% are in existence today
- The Mark II BN7 Tri-Carb is the lowest production run of any Austin Healey
with the exception of the 100S, which was introduced strictly for racing and
is now exceeding $1MM in value. The 100S and the 3000 Mark II are the
only Austin Healey’s produced with 132 HP direct from the factory and
today the BN7 Mark II is perhaps one of the most sought after Healey’s
for investment purposes
- This car is very unique in the fact that it was owned and restored by the late
Norman Nocks, author of ‘Austin Healey Tech Talk’ and founder of
British Car Specialists of Stockton, CA. Norman restored this car in 1993
for his own personal use. Through his many Tech Talk Seminars and tech
newsletters, Norman became world renowned as a recognized authority in the
repair and restoration of Austin Healey’s.
- Numbers matching car with authenticity supported by a Heritage Certificate
- New interior installed in 2016, with original factory spec’d materials supplied
by John-Skinner British Upholstery of the UK. This car is now featured on
the John-Skinner website
- As quoted in Bill Emerson’s The Healey Book, ‘…..the BN7 Tri-Carb was
introduced for competition, not the showrooms...…’
- This month, July 2016, the car was entered in the Road America Concours de'Elegance
and took 1st Place in it's class.
- Many upgrades have been made to this car during it’s restoration to improve
reliability and drivability, without compromising originality. Upgrades include
totally rebuilt and balanced engine, electronic ignition, …..tires, 72 spoked
chrome wire wheels, relocated fuel pump, ……starter.
This car needs nothing, and comes with four new radial Dunlop tires, a new tonneau cover, new soft top, jack and hammer, documentation including a log and journal of it’s history during the restoration, Heritage Certificate, extra parts, and an autographed copy of Austin Healey Tech Talk. This car will be marketed locally and I invite interested parties to contact me prior to the end of the auction if you should care to negotiate a purchase. I will not share with you the reserve price, however it is well below the current Hagerty price guide.
No warranty is expressed or implied and the car is sold as-is, where-is. I invite you to come see the car and drive it, or have a qualified representative inspect the car for you. I just took a 800 mile trip in the car last week and would have no hesitation to drive it across the country.
Feel free to contact me if you should have any questions at all and I will be glad to answer them promptly and as accurately as I can. Should you need any further photos, just ask and I can take them for you. Thank you for your interest and best of luck bidding. Jan