1962 Austin Healey 3000 MK II
Price: US $48,000.00 Item location: Columbia, South Carolina, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Austin Healey
- Model: 3000
- SubModel: BT7 Mk II
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Standard Factory
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 94,350
- VIN: HBT7L-16538
- Color: Florida Green over Old English White
- Engine size: 2916 CC
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4 Speed w/Elect O.D. in 3rd and 4th
- Drive type: RWD 4 Speed w/Elect O.D in 3rd and 4th
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 Mk IIThis is not an average Austin Healey. It is mechanically very sound and a strong driver.
The restoration was done for the purpose of having a Healey to drive and enjoy which I have done. It is not a trailer queen but has won numerous trophies including best in show twice. So it drives very well and shows just as well.
The photo tell most of the story but I'll add some items here: Please note that the pictures show a date2008. THAT IS NOT CORRECT. THE CAMERA DATE WAS NOT PROPERLY SET. ALL THE PICTURES WERE TAKEN BETWEEN MONDAY, APRIL 4TH AND SATURDAY APRIL 9TH. SORRY FOR THIS ERROR....THEY ARE NOT OLD PICTURES.
1. Triple Carbs - never adjusted since restoration. There set.....leave them alone.2. Very good tires with lots of good tread.3. New bumpers..originals available if you want them.4. Conv. top is new and you can tell. Only put up once. Frame excellent and clean5. Side curtains are acceptable but not perfect.6. Interior is fine for driver but new owner may want to improve it. All of it is there.7. Oil pressure 60+ on start 45 + running when hot. See pictures8. Has never had ethanol gas used in car.9. ZDDP always in oil changes10. Beautiful and clean 60 spoke Chrome Wire Wheels11. Very nice Tonneau Cover12. 60 Spoke Chrome Wire Wheels installed and trued by Hendrix Wire Wheel.13. Please note the "third" brake light mounted on the luggage rack. This is installed with "Velcro" can easily removed for shows. You'll be glad to have it driving at night.14. Note that headlights do not match. On Cebia and one Hella. Hella is new.
Some interesting mechanical facts:
1. Pistons are high compression Arias Competition. Compression 145 across all 6 cyl.2. New BJ8 Cam - more aggressive 3. Electronic Fuel Pump - SU4. Block was bored 10 over5. Transmission and Overdrive rebuild during restoration.6. Carbs were rebuilt during restoration.7. Brakes rebuilt front and rear8. Poly bushings throughout and new tie rod ends9. Before paint dog legs and door bottoms were removed and replaced.10. Frame and under carriage is rust free.11. Speedometer and Tach both rebuilt by Nisonger12. Electronic Distributor13. New tie rod ends and poly bushings in 201414. Original BMC seat belts.15. Hardened seats.
This was a complete rebuild of all the mechanicals of the car. Everything works properly and easy and dependable car to drive. Invoices can be provided with purchase.
NOTE ABOUT MILEAGE. THE MILEAGE IS UNKNOWN EXCEPT THERE HAVE BEEN LESS THAN 7K MILES PUT ON CAR SINCE REBUILD.
One other item of interest. The original block is not in the car but I have it and will include if matching numbers are important to you. The damage to the block is very minimal. A small chip the size of a quarter out of the bottom of #5 which can be sleeved.I don't know the bore but itwas bored at some time. If you are not a "stickler" I can provide the block number label only although that is not exactly ethical if you plan to do concours....just know that.
Your inspection is welcome. Either in person or by representative.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS ARE VERY WELCOME HERE. I WILL GLADLY ASSIST IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE TO GET CAR TO YOUR SHIPPING AGENT.All emails will be answered promptly.