1993 Aston Martin Virage Volante
- Condition: Used
- Make: Aston Martin
- Model: Virage Volante
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 27,770
- VIN: SCFDAM2C1PBL60049
- Color: Warwick Blue
- Engine size: 5.3 liter 4-cam 32-valve V-8 engine
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Fawn
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Aston Martin Virage VolanteThis 1993 Virage Volante is an amazing example of the rich tradition of Aston Martin automobiles. It is reported that just 233 of these vehicles were ever produced during its 1992-1996 run and a mere handful were exported to the United States.
This exclusive model sports a hand-formed aluminum body and is powered by a hand-built 5.3L (326 cu in) 4-cam aluminum 90° V-8 32-valve engine with Weber-Marelli fuel injection. Power is sent to the pavement via a 4-speed automatic transmission, rear-wheel drive and a limited slip differential. It is finished in Warwick Blue and the Fawn-colored Connolly leather interior has Parchment piping – a most striking combination. The car was purchased in Houston Texas in April of 1993 with a MSRP of nearly $260K and remained with its original owner for 19 years. The car has only been registered once – in 2012 it was added to a New England dealer’s private collection and in 2013 I acquired the car with 26,000 miles on it. I’ve enjoyed it but have driven it sparingly over the years accruing just 1,770 miles.
The finish on the car looks beautiful in the deep, lustrous blue and is complimented by a tan soft-top. The convertible top was replaced in 2013 and is in like new condition. Inside the leather trimmed interior is splendid as you would expect from this marque. The seats are soft and well cared for showing little or no wear with the exception of a small blemish on the driver’s seat bottom. The leather covered instrument panel and door panels are fade and crack free – really spectacular - and the wood trim in the car is wonderful with a deep luster. All the instruments and controls operate as they should. The Aston Martin audio system is by Sony and sounds great! The climate control system works properly – cooling and heating passengers automatically.
The car starts up and drives with a command of the road. The wonderfully sounding V8 adds to the unique driving experience. The 4-speed automatic shifts smoothly. The power top operates as it should although the rear side windows sometimes need help to close all the way. The top includes electronic latching so lowering and raising is accomplished with a 1-touch button.
VEHICLE FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS
- Hand-formed aluminum body over tubular steel frame mounted on platform type chassis with integral space frame
- Hand built 5.3L(326 cu in) 4 cam aluminum 90° V-8 engine with four valves per cylinder and Weber-Marelli fully sequential engine management system incorporating on board diagnostics.
- Heavy-duty internal oil cooler
- 4-speed automatic transmission
- Dual stainless steel exhaust system
- Vented front and solid rear disc brakes with ABS
- Power-assisted rack and pinion steering
- Independent front suspension
- Aluminum De Dion rear suspension
- Limited slip differential
- 8J x 17 in cast aluminum alloy wheels
- Cruise control
- Connolly leather interior
- Wilton wool carpeting
- Burr walnut trim
- Microprocessor controlled air conditioning system
- Eight-way power adjustable and heated front seats with lumbar support
- Power windows
- Power adjustable and heated door mirrors
- Twin air horns
- Twin remote operated fuel filler flaps
- Power operated fully lined convertible top
- Stereo radio with single compact disc and power antenna
This is an extraordinary example of the marque but it is a 24 year old automobile that has been driven and enjoyed. I have done my best to represent it accurately. Recent service work includes a new alternator and air conditioning service. Mentioned above is the issue with the automatic rear side windows needing a bit of help to close when raising the soft top. Although the wood is in terrific shape there are a few small cracks in the varnish near the ashtray and on the passenger’s door. Please ask all questionsbefore selecting the buy-it-now.
Title is in the name of the original owner and is signed off. Title will transfer through a reputable 3rd party retail dealer to winning bidder.There is a $400 dealer-handling fee that will be added to the sale price. The Carfax shows the car to be accident-free but indicates a mileage inconsistency in 2009. I believe this is no more than an input error. The car recently passed California emissions and the smog certificate comes with the sale. You are purchasing it as-is - no warranty is offered. The buyer is responsible for local pick-up and/or transport of the vehicle. Payment should be a bank-issued cashier's check or wire transfer. A $1,000 deposit is due within 24 and the balance must be settled within 7 days.