1968 AMC Javelin - Base. Super clean driver
Price: US $8,550.00 Item location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: AMC
- Model: Javelin
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 75000
- VIN: A8a795b328597
- Color: Green
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 AMC JavelinYou are looking at a very solid and clean '68 Javelin. The car was put in storage about 20 years ago, due to a death in the family. The car was well cared for and well loved and was in fine working order when parked. THE CAR IS RUST FREE (only very minor bubbling around bottom of doors).
I own a restoration shop and we pulled the car from storage and went through it. Now it is back on the road and runs and drives very well. I have been driving this car around town for a few weeks. It is very solid, it starts, runs, stops, and turns well and is comfortable to drive. It is not fast, but is at home in modern traffic.
Details about the car:
- 1968 AMC Javelin Base Model- Inline 6 (232ci), manual steering, manual drum brakes, 3 speed auto on column. A/C car (AC parts gone). The car has bucket seats and shoulder belts.
- Original paint color was Laurel Green Metallic (code 46A), and the interior was originally all black vinyl.
- The car is now Emerald Green Metallic (a ford color). The interior had just been redone when parked. The seats, headliner, carpet and dash are all in fantastic shape.
- The 6 cyl motor has had some performance work done- small holley 4bbl carb, offenhauser aluminum intake.
- Car was repainted about a year or two before being parked. Paint is nice
When we got the car we did the following:
- New interstate battery,
- 4 new bf goodrich radial T/As (225/60/14),
- new fuel system (tank, sending unit, lines, filter)
- Changed oil and flushed cooling system
- Rebuilt brakes on all 4 corners and new brake lines
- New shocks
- We fixed a bunch of minor things such as windows, dash parts, etc.
- Full deep clean detail on interior and buff and wax on the oustside
- What works:
- Gas gauge
- temp gauge
- Car has been tuned up and runs really well
- Brakes are solid
- Shifts well
- Paint is in nice shape- some dings, scratches etc but it looks great from 5 feet.
- Solid floor pans and trunk - no rust besides a few minor bubbles in the usual places. These are all surface level.
- Front suspension rebuild
- A/C not installed
- Heater blower does not work
- minor electrical - such as interior dome lights
- Car has a sony Xplode stereo with 4 speakers- we have not spent time getting it working but it is in great shape and should be easy
- Car has some pitting on exterior chrome and the steering wheel is a bit pitted and column could use repainting.