LIFETIME CALIFORNIA 1965 RAMBER MARLIN - BEAUTFULLY RESTORED - 113K MILES - RARE
Price: - Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Make: AMC
- Model: Marlin 2 Door Sport Coupe
- SubModel: LOW MI. - LIFETIME CA CAR!
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: LOW MI. - LIFETIME CA CAR!
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 113,331
- VIN: Z100240
- Color: Silver Metallic
- Engine size: 3.8 :Liter
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White & Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 AMC Marlin 2 Door Sport Coupe LOW MI. - LIFETIME CA CAR!
1965 Rambler Marlin
Beautiful, Rare, and Northern California Rambler Marlin
When's the Last Time You've Seen One? One of 10,327 Produced!
100% Stock â€½Survivorâ€ with One Quality Re-Spray - Beautiful Interior / Exterior
Limited Owner Lifetime Northern California Car
Wow Them at the Next Car Show!!
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THE MARLIN BUT, WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
(925) 846 1451
INTRODUCTION TO CLASSIC CARS LTD. eBay AUCTIONS
Thank you for visiting our eBay auction. We appreciate your interest in the Marlin and feel that it is important that we provide some basic information relative to our business philosophy and utilization of eBay to offer our collectible & classic vehicles to a worldwide audience.
For 25+ years, Classic Cars Ltd. has operated a "brick & mortar" showroom located in Pleasanton, CA. just outside of San Francisco California. We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers who have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily!) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our lifetime eBay feedback is 100% positive on over 965 transactions from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
While we have had comments about the length of our narrative on each vehicle, most serious buyers appreciate the detailed photographs and descriptions and believe that "more is better." However, if you are looking for a brief summary of the vehicle, please view the photographs and scroll to the very bottom of the listing where you will find a summary of the car for sale including; Make, model, mileage, specifications, etc.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
THIS PARTICULAR 1965 RAMBLER MARLIN
Features of this particular car:
- Very Solid Rust Free Body with a History of Lifetime California Ownership
- Bulletproof 3.8 Liter Engine
- 3 Speed Automatic transmission
- Stock & Very Rare Wheel Covers
- Unmodified Interior in Excellent Condition
- Factory installed & fully functional radio
- Tidy Engine Compartment
- Trunk is Solid & Immaculate
Note: This is an example where â€½A photo is worth 100 words.â€ Please review the photos carefully to get a feel for the quality of this rare and special 60's piece of history!
We haven't seen a Marlin in many, many, years and, we must say, have really enjoyed having this example in our showroom and driving around Pleasanton. Since we opened Classic Cars Ltd. over 25 years ago, we have seen and had the pleasure of driving everything from exotics to classics, to highly unique cars of all types. We can't remember getting more thumbs up and positive comments when we drive, and stop in this one!! The combination of the cars uniqueness, 60's styling, and overall condition attracts more attention than those red cars with the "Prancing Horseâ€ emblems.
This example has been adult owned, restored as necessary with proper period materials for a lovely appearance. The care that the Marlin received is obvious, and cared for, and it shows. Not only is it cosmetically excellent but it represents a car that can be used and enjoyed for any number of reasons ranging from cruising to local cruises and collector car shows. We imagine the folks in the Midwest (especially Wisconsin!) will have a keen interest in this one since most of the cars in that region rusted away years ago.
CONDITION SUMMARY - 1965 RAMBLER MARLIN 2 DOOR SPORT COUPE
The Marlin represents a very clean example of a California car that had been under the care of the previous owner for 10 years. The car is a desirable 2 door, 1965 Marlin and is striking in its factory produced Classic white with black interior. While the car has had some significant cosmetic improvements, it remains in virtually 100% stock configuration.
Mechanically, the car is strong and drives really well. The undercarriage is dry and there are no major leaks in the engine or drive-line. The Marlin retains stock drive-line including the engine, transmission, rear end, and other major mechanical components. The Marlin is fitted with power steering and brakes.
The Marlin passed the California required safety inspection and has functional lighting systems. It is smog exempt as a 1965 model year (any vehicle older than 1975 does not require a smog inspection in California).
EXTERIOR PAINT / BODY
- Beautiful factory correct color in high quality, trim removed silver metallic
- Beautiful, damage free body with excellent door, hood and trunk gaps
- Correct exterior trim
- "California clean" chassis and other suspension components
- Very nice panel gaps / fit
- Straight, damage free undercarriage - no indications of repairs / damage or replacement
- Excellent exterior trim
- Driver's side factory mirror with â€½Râ€ (Rambler)
- Beautiful chrome bumpers
- Excellent glass & trim (all windows roll up easily, no damage to windshield)
- Functional locks including trunk
- Very nice upholstery (front & back)
- Totally stock interior
- No seat belts required in California since in 1965 they were not required (hard to believe, but true)
- Factory AM radio that works fine with â€½Realisticâ€ rear speakers / improved â€½sound systemâ€
- Excellent carpet
- Solid dash with two minor cracks
- Very good headliner
ENGINE & TRUNK
The engine bay is very today and totally unmodified / stock. The Marlin delivers very nice performance from its factory engine and the automatic transmission shifts beautifully. The car does not smoke, leak significant fluids, or exhibit any drivability issues. The car steers straight, stops straight and well, and has a properly adjusted e-brake. It is a very comfortable car to drive and we have driven it on the highway over 100 miles and it is a joy to drive.
The trunk is very clean and fitted with the original mat. The original spare is present but missing a spare tire that will need to be sourced by the cars new owner. There are no signs of damage to any part of the inner trunk, supports, or other areas.