1960 AMC Rambler Deluxe - Running Project
Price: - Item location: Waterloo, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: AMC
- Model: Other
- Year: 1960
- Mileage: 77,000
- VIN: c459284
- Color: pink
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1960 AMC OtherGENERAL INFO
- Located just outside of Waterloo, IL 62298. Approx 30 mins Southeast of St. Louis Missouri
- Most important thing: The engine knocks. Assuming rod knock. It is obvious. I have not torn down the engine yet but it is definitely appears to be a rod knock.
- I have videos of the car and they will be listed at the very bottom of this listing.
- It runs - but I will not guarantee for how long, nor will I run it for more than a few seconds (see video).
- Straight 6 cyl engine - I believe it is the 196CI, but not 100%, I will verify this. It appears to be stock, but I can't tell for sure.
- Manual Trans - 3 speed on the column - Due to the knock, I have not put it in gear to test it out, but the previous owner said it worked well. The clutch pedal feels weird, but I have never messed with one of these cars. With the knocking, I was not going to put it in gear and put any load on the trans.
- For being a 1960, the the body is pretty solid. It does appear that there has been body work. The paint is not original and is nothing spectacular.
- It will need a few floor pans. (videos show this). I did not pull up the flooring to do a complete inspection.
- The trunk appears to be solid.
- The glass is all good!!!
- Front seats fold down!!!
- Dash appears to be in fair condition.
- It appears to have the original or era specific carb. Has the glass float cover. Pretty damn cool!
- Missing the gas pedal
- Mag Slot wheels. Tires have good tread!
- MILES - Will update when I look.
- VIN - Will update soon
- Air shocks in the back.
- Appears to have newer shocks and coils in the back. I was by the previous owner that he had more work done to the front suspension. I haven't verified this.
- Does have some body damage. Noted in the videos.
- These were the pics that I was sent when I picked it up. They make the paint look better. Videos give a better representation.
Here's the story: I just recently picked it up from a guy who needed money for a daily driver. He was using this as his every day car and said it was leaking oil from the rear main. He drove it to work and heard some ticking, then knocking and the engine stopped running. Based on the oil underneath the car and the knocking, that story seems realistic. When I bought it just the other day, I was under the assumption that the engine was locked up. A few days ago, I decided to turn the key and it runs (video evidence). It has the bad knock which is the main issue with this car. That is really all I know about the car.
TERMS OF SALE
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL
- AS-IS SALE - If you have any questions or need it inspected, do it BEFORE bidding.
- Bids will NOT be canceled. I don't care if it was a mistake. If your name and bid come up and you win, you are responsible for the deposit. If you decide not to take the car, you will lose your deposit. I don't care if you give your phone to your child and they hit bid. If you need to get permission from your better half, do that before bidding.
- $400 Deposit required through Paypal within 12 hours after the auction. Again, no bids will be canceled.
- The difference between selling price and the deposit must be paid in full within 7 days. (If you are coming to pick it up 10 days after the auction, that is fine to. The main thing here is that you let me know and I agree. I am pretty flexible with this.)
- The car must be picked up within 2 weeks. (If something comes up, contact me and we will work something out. I'm not here to take anyone's money or car.)
- Buyer will get the car, title, and keys ONLY when it is paid in full.
- The seller is not responsible for any damage to the vehicle after the auction has ended. For example if a storm comes down and breaks the windshield after the auction and before pick up. The car is currently stored outside.
- Buyer assumes responsibility for any issues with this car not noted in the listing.
- Seller makes an honest attempt to relay any and all relevant information in regards to the car.
- ***By Bidding, the buyer agrees and will follow the terms. The bidder has also watched ALL of the videos.
***Sorry if I come out standoff-ish in this post. Recently, I have had lots of issues with buyers backing out bigger items that I have sold on here or expect me to hold an item for 2 months. This has costed me money. (And yes, I have had people blame their kids for putting in bids) As long as you are realistic, I am very easy to work with. Just shoot me a message and we should be able to figure out an easy solution. I have sold 3 cars and just sold a Chevelle this past winter. If you have a transporter pick it up, just let me know. I don't live in a great area for a huge trailer, but I'm sure we can figure something out. I have 100% feedback so you can bid with confidence.
*The title is open. I did not sign in the buyer spot. I also have a bill of sale.
If the car doesn't sell, I might keep it. If you have a trade offer, you can shoot it my way, but I will only look into that AFTER the auction ends and if there are no bids.
VIDEOS- Hopefully these will show you everything you need. Sorry for the shaking. If I get time, I will try to slow down and get a better one.- EXTERIOR - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4bj7TstpMg- Interior and engine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUN5BTQP8ts- Trunk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUVySvDrKg- Running - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Bf0xcXSm0