1972 Amc Gremlin X Restomod 360
Price: - Item location: League City, Texas, United States
- Make: AMC
- Model: Gremlin
- SubModel: X
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 1
- VIN: A2A465Hxxxxxx
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 360
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 AMC GremlinUp for sale is my freshly restored 1972 AMC Gremlin X custom restomod. This is NOT your grandfather's Gremlin! I take that back...it did originally belong to the grandfather of the person that I purchased the car from 2 years ago. I purchased this car as a painted shell. The story goes that the grandson had the car handed down from his dad who had inherited it from his dad. One family owners until I purchased it!
The car came from western Arizona and therefore was and is bone dry and rust free. I love desert cars. The car is an original V-8 X car and was pretty loaded with automatic, power steering and A/C. It now sports a stout 360 mated to a rebuilt TorqueFlight transmission with shift kit and 2500 stall. The car was originally Yuca Tan with tan bucket seat interior. The previous owner had no intention of keeping the car original and was planning on making a race car out of it so unfortunately he discarded most of the interior parts. As I previously stated, I bought it as a painted shell ( 70's Mopar high impact color). It had the original bumpers, grill, front seats and dash frame. Over the last couple of years I found many interior parts and trim to be able to put it back together. There are a lot of new parts on this car and I didn't cut any corners. Here is a list:
- freshly rebuilt .030 over 360. Forged rods and pistons with factory crank turned 10/10. Short block was balanced and assembled by Nickens Racing in Conroe Tx. Heads are factory 58cc cast iron that have been heavily ported and polished. Compression ratio came out to be 10.2 to 1 and runs on premium pump fuel. Has an Edlebrock Air Gap high rise intake and Hedman long tube headers. Carburetor is also brand new and is a 650 DP and is fed by a Holley electric pump. Cam is a Comp 280H hydraulic flat tappet that has a nice lope but is very streetable. Frankly it is probably a little under cammed with these heads. I didn't dyno the engine but I would imagine it is approaching 400HP and 400 lb/ft of torque.
- Transmission is the original 903 TorqueFlight that was rebuilt by a performance transmission shop and set up for this application with proper stall and a shift kit.
- It has a narrowed (for this application) Ford 9 inch rear end with a Detroit Locker with 370 gears. All just rebuilt with brand new custom 31 spline axles
- Front suspension is rebuilt with new control arm bushings, shocks and ball joints.
- Rear springs are brand new and are heavy duty installed with new bushings
- Brakes are all new and are disc front, drum rear.
- New u-joints
- Original fuel tank was reconditioned.
- Fuel systems consists of electric pump and pressure regulator
- New Lokar kick down cable replacing factory bell crank stuff
- Relocated battery to the rear of the car
I have some extra parts to go with the car as well. I have the original front buckets, an A/C evaporator case, upper A/C vents and an A/C Weather Eye control. I also have a couple of power steering pumps and I have both P/S hoses. There are some other odds and ends I collected that I am not thinking of at the time.
I am sure I am forgetting something so feel free to ask questions. The car is new and tight and has virtually no run time on it ( few test runs in the neighborhood) and will need some final sorting out and needs a few final finishing touches to be done. Front end has not been aligned for example. While the carb is a brand new unit it needs some final tuning. It runs a little rich. The car does have a reserve but I promise you wouldn't be able to build this car for what it is. Please don't ask what the reserve is....if you want to make a serious offer contact me and I might end the auction early with a buy it now option. Car will come with clear title in the name of the previous owner and a bill of sale. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. the car is located in League City Tx and the zip is 77573.