AMC 1965 Rambler Marlin 2-door hardtop - NO RESERVE
Price: US $1,800.00 Item location: Phillipsburg, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: AMC
- Model: Other
- Type: 2-door hardtop
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 73,000
- Color: White and red
- Engine size: 232 straight six
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Automatic
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 AMC OtherHealth is forcing the sale of my '65 Rambler Marlin.
Looking for a cheap, unning, riving Marlin with only 71,000 miles on the clock? This could be it.
The good Stuff:
- All new brakes including a Scarebird front disc brake upgrade (still needs a new booster).
- A good running 232 straight six.
- A functional (if a little leaky) automatic transmission.
- B.F. Goodrich 215/65/15 tires.
- Nice chrome 15-inch Magnum 500 wheels.
- Four new shocks.
- New timing chain and gear set.
- New strut rod bushings.
- Moon equipment steering wheel.
- New front seat belts.
- Chrome bullet mirrors.
- Rebuilt carburetor.
- New belts.
- A new Duraspark distributor and ignition control module to convert the car to electronic ignition that are still in their boxes will go with the car.
- Original owner's manual,warranty cardand other papers from the first owner.
- I'll even throw in a reproduction shop manual.
- Typical rust issues in the toe boards, nder the battery and the passenger's side rear quarter. A competent welder could fix these spots up with little trouble.
- The interior is beat.
- The heater blower is gone.
- Theexhaust is leaky.
- The gas gauge is questionable.
- The glove box lock needs to be redone to work with a new trunk key I had made for it.
- All the lights work.
- All the glass is good.
- All of the chrome and stainless is in place.
- It is registered for the road and was driven last summer.
- I have a clear title ready to sign over.
- The original steel wheels and wheel covers.
- The original dash pad, hich is in rough shape but could be redone.
- The fiberglass headliner which needs new covering material. It is out of the car right now.
- The vinyl door caps which also need work but could be redone.
- The original disc brakes which could be rebuilt or sold to someone who wants them for their restoration project.
- The original front seat belts.
- The original steering wheel with horn ring and a few other odds and ends.
The brake booster is bad so I would not recommend driving the car without replacing that first. The carpeting was removed since it was ruined, he dash pad and soft door caps have also been removed as they were beat up but will come with the car. The headliner was removed also as the fabric covering was gone and I didn't want to drive it with the fiberglass bit blowing around. That too will come with the car. I have some rubber floor mats covering the metal floors which are in pretty good shape, ot perfect, ut good.
This could be the cheapest running, riving Marlin on the internet. I can keep the car in my garage here in New Jersey for 30 days while you arrange pickup.