1961 Rambler American 4-Door Wagon--WAYYYY below NADA book
- Make: AMC
- Model: Rambler American
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Wagon
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 55,748
- VIN: B329236
- Color: Green
- Engine size: OHV
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: silver/aqua
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 AMC Rambler American Wagon
Up for bid is a 1961 Rambler American 4-door wagon, whichI am offering as a "buy it now" option $2K BELOW the NADA Guide "low retail" listing for this car. What a great chance to get an awesome ride at a steal of a price!
The wagon drives well, has been well maintained, garaged/covered, and is a pretty solid car that could conceivably be used as a daily driver. I've owned it for nearly 3 years, and while I've enjoyed driving it around, my son recently got his license and we need to make room in the driveway for his vehicle.
So here’s what I know…I purchased the car in December of 2014 on Ebay and had it shipped from upstate New York. Between the work the previous owner did to get it in saleable shape and the work I’ve had done since (and I have receipts for the below), the car has:
- New radiator
- New water pump
- Replaced anti-freeze hose clamp, gasket
- Rebuilt carb
- Rebuilt generator
- New battery
- Recent oil change
- Brake bearings repacked
As the pictures show:
- The paint (two-tone, which looks both good and classy!) is original, which means it’s faded in some places, as would be the case for a natural patina.
- The interior is in fantastic shape, as the pics demonstrate.
- The lines of the car are SO 60s--check out the close-ups of the "Rambler" on the rear gate, the door handle, the hood ornament, the wheel covers--all are great examples of the mid-modern style so popular at the time.
- The headliner is solid
- The car has the original carpet (including the carpet in the rear--not shown in pics)
- All the windows are operable
- The dash is also in excellent shape
- It’s got the original Rambler tube AM radio
- 55748 miles (and that’s actual mileage, odometer confirmed from previous owner)
- The car has the original dealer sticker (how cool is that?), as well as both the owner’s manual and the tech/service manual.
- The car has all 4 original hub caps.
It’s really a great car, and I’m bummed about needing to let it go, but it’s time.
As a long time E-Bayer, I prefer to keep things simple and transparent, which is why I’m starting at a realistic price and offering a stupidly reasonable reserve. Buyer will need to either pick up vehicle or arrange for shipping. Other such details are noted in the “shipping and payments” tab.
Good luck, and feel free to shoot any questions my way.On Aug-08-17 at 06:53:10 PDT, seller added the following information:
As a couple of people have messaged me to ask, I thought I'd share with all interested:
The floors are solid--no rust, original carpeting. The rocker panels are solid as well. Underneath the car there are what I'd characterize as minimal rust spots--about what one would assume on a 50+ year old vehicle in original condition. Yes, the car came from NY (as one can see from the dealer sticker!!), but I know the previous owner kept it garaged, and judging by the overall condition, I'd say the same is probably true for owners before him.
I'm happy to answer additional questions!