Red / White / Blue AMX 390 “X” Code - Hurst 4-Speed with Dual Quads
Price: US $13,211.00 Item location: Buckeye, Arizona, United States
- Make: AMC
- Model: AMX
- SubModel: GO-PACK
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 92,255
- VIN: A9M397X185642
- Color: Red / White / Blue
- Engine size: 390
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Charcoal
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 AMC AMX1969 AMC AMX - Built by AMC enthusiast who has built award winning AMC’s but this was not built as a trailer queen as his others; this was built for fun. Just like the good old days, you can have fun rippin' down the road with a Hurst Competition shifter under your knuckles, banging’ on yourT-10 4-speed, with a 390gulping’ air and fuel from a dual-quad intake and Flowmasters barkin’ out the rear with arumpity-rump-rump cam! This should be on a Rat Fink T-Shirt!
This AMX drives smooth and is a pleasure to just cruisearound in, take to the weekly car show or Cars and Coffee get together. The carbs are finely tuned and the progressive linkage insures a smooth transition to all eight barrels of fun. The 3.15 gears allow easy freeway cruising.
Starting with an original“X” code (390 factory equipped),“M” code (factory 4-speed) from Southern California / Arizona that is absolutely RUST FREE and retains ALL ORIGINAL PANELS, this original Beal Street Blue AMX which was factory equipped with Charcoal Leather interior was transformed into this beautiful AMX.Driven almost 350 miles, all new-build bugs have been worked out for your drivingpleasure. Car is being sold to help finance the completeresto-mod of a Pierre Cardin Javelin. Following is a description of all work performed:
- Rust-Free. That means original factory installed sheetmetal on all panels (exterior, underside, inside...rust free!).
- This is an original 390 4-speed Go-Pack AMX.
- Original BealStreet Blue.
- Red/White/Blue AMC Competition colors.
- Paint is good with a few runs & chips. Paint has not been color sanded and buffed.
- Has incorrect driver side door. Door tag represents a 1969 Javelin.
- Factory VIN tag has not been replaced; original factory rivets.
- Electric wipers.
- All NEW electrical wiring front to rear.
- Original (not reproduction) Grille.
- New aluminum radiator.
- Legendary Interior reproduction Charcoal Leather panels and seats to original 1969 patterns.
- All factory gauges work.
- Hurst Super Comp Shifter - rebuilt by Hurst, Inc. to as new factory specifications.
- All new Weatherstripping and Seals.
- Competition Style Fire Extinguisher.
- All steering and suspension restored.
- Modern single-piston power front disk brakes.
- 3.15:1 Dana Model 20 Twin-Grip rear axle.
- The wheels shown, while not original to this AMX are were pulled from the owners inventory and areORIGINAL 14" x 7”UN-RESTORED DEALER OPTION from another 1969 AMX!
- This is a 1969 390 short-block.
- Retains factory 4.165”bore (Standard).
- Retains factory 3.574” stroke (Standard).
- Retains factory 10.25:1 compression.
- New rings, bearings and seals.
- Hi-Performance Hydraulic Cam installed with .473” Intake lift / .496” Exhaust lift. Advertised Duration: 289/300 or 214/224 @ .050”. 112 LSA.
- 401“Dog Leg” Cylinder Heads rebuilt with 2.025” Intake valves & 1.685” Exhaust valves. 62cc chambers yield approximately 9.0:1 compression
- Pump gas friendly
- Hooker Competition 1 3/4” headers are Ceramic Coated.
- Offenhauser Dual-Quad intake fitted with a pair of Edelbrock 625 CFM Carburetors and progressive linkage.
- Flowmaster Series 40 mufflers.