1979 AMC SPIRIT AMX
- Condition: Used
- Make: AMC
- Model: AMX
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: 2 DOOR LIFTBACK
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 140,000
- Color: BALTIC SEA BLUE
- Engine size: 258
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: BLACK
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 AMC AMX
1979 AMERICAN MOTORS AMX “SPIRIT”
You are bidding on a rare 1979 American Motors AMX. There were 36,000 Spirits made in 1979 but only 1,648 AMX models. White, Black, Red, Yellow and Wedgwood Blue were the color models. This Blue with the Yellow was the least common by far. I’ve owned this car nearly 4 years. It is garaged kept, never driven in the rain. I drive it to car shows every now and then and it certainly gets lots of pics taken with most saying, “Never seen one of these before.” Not a perfect car, but much has been done to which I’ll describe.
Inline 258 - 6 cylinder – Automatic Transmission – Floor Console Rally Gauge – Rear Defrost – Power Steering – Power Brakes – Factory Air.
THIS CAR STARTED AS A 4SP MANUAL BUT WAS CHANGED BEFORE I BOUGHT IT- NOT SURE WHEN
· New paint original color Wedgwood blue (now Baltic Sea closest as I could get)
· Plasti dipped original bumpers
· Original turbine wheels – painted with wheel paint
· New wires and hoses
· New decals from Phoenix Graphics
· New windshield
· New wiper blades
· New oversized Sunroof – detachable
· New carpet in front and rear hatch
· Reupholstered front seats – dyed back seat
· Original spare tire and custom cover
· New door panels
· Original AM radio
· Original shift knob
· Armrest reupholstered
· New body molding
· New top door weather strip
· New hatch shocks
· New hatch weather strip
· New lug nuts
· New lap belts – extended length
· New door handles and window cranks
· New water pump – fuel pump – belts – pitman arm –alternator –plugs – wires – points
· All other fluids serviced.
· Hatch button in glove compartment doesn’t work all the time – it comes and goes-maybe a shortage but have another way of opening I can show
· Air will need to be charged – Heat does work
· Floor boards are weak and will need to be patched sometime- but frame is solid and engine mounts.
· Oil pressure gauge on rally gages was unhooked when put new carpet in but does work if want to hook back up
This car is a turnkey – mechanically good running vehicle for a 37 year old car. Very strong engine that has been gone thru by our mechanic – transmission shifts perfect. Brakes stop on a dime. All lights work. This vehicle I’m sure could drive quite a ways if buying wants to or send for pickup. Very interesting car with clear title.
A deposit of $250 will be due within 48 hours of auction ending. The rest of balance will be in due by pickup date (preferably in CASH) - PayPal or Certified Bank Cashier’s Check Only.