1979 AMC Pacer sedan 304 V8 w/ moonroof
- Condition: Used
- Make: AMC
- Model: Other
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Pacer DL
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 106,832
- Engine size: 304
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 AMC Other
1979 AMC Pacer sedan V8
I'm selling my 1979 V8 AMC Pacer project car. It still needs some work, but it’s a great platform and a rare car that’s already had a lot of work done to it. It’s an original Pacific NW car, I have receipts back to the late 1980’s in the Seattle area.
I've always preferred the 79's because they have the nicer interiors and door panels. This one is an original 304 V8 car, which are quite rare. They were only an option in 1978 and 1979 (the V8 was in 1,014 Pacers in 1979 and 2,514 in 1978). This one also has the power windows and door locks. Another rare option on this one is the factory moonroof, which were only installed in 184 Pacers in 1979.
I've done loads of work to this car, including:
- Brand new windshield installed (I found one in Canada…but it wasn’t cheap!)
- Whole new exhaust system
- Front and rear shocks replaced
- Repacked front wheel bearings
- Rebuilt carburetor
- Upper and lower control arm bushings
- Rear differential fluid replaced
- Replaced sway bar end links
- Replaced water pump
- Replaced power steering pressure hose
- Newer tires
No real rust that I can find underneath, it’s a really clean car. There is a bit above the license plate in the rear hatch area (see picture), but really not bad. Surface rust at the bottom of the left rear quarter, on the hood, and a bit underneath the curved side glass trim. The paint is definitely very tired and will need some love, it appears to be original.
It comes with lots of parts, including:
- 6 turbine forged aluminum wheels (2 are NOS)
- 2 extra rally wheels (matching one’s on car)
- Extra factory moonroof
- Extra correct gauge cluster (w/no gear indicator, since floor shift)
- NOS V8 Pacer speedometer cable
I’m happy to work with your shipper if you are not nearby. This car still needs work, but I hope someone else will appreciate it the way I have... but life is taking me in the direction of other things. Don't hesitate to let me know of any questions.