THE VERY BEST ALFA ROMEO SPIDER 2000 ON THE PLANET! - California car!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Alfa Romeo
- Model: Spider
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 4,000
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2000cc (202 BHP)
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Alfa Romeo Spider
THE VERY BEST ALFA ROMEO SPIDER 2000 in the Western Hemisphere - (California car most of its life)
Why settle for an ordinary Alfa Spider?
True Perfection in an ALFA convertible! No expense was spared to achieve authenticity and technical perfection.
***This is a true California Car, modified, restored and loved in San Diego for most of its life. The warm dry climate is ideal for older cars. No road salt, very little rain, and smooth surfaced highways.
ONE OWNER! 1979 Spider Veloce. CONCOURSE CONDITION
NEVER ANY RUST...ZERO! Garaged and covered with high quality cover since new! Professionally maintained at all times.
202bhp on premium pump octane
Completed only 4000 miles ago: High performance suspension, 202 hp engine, new transmission, restored all working components, all bushings plus a long list of performance upgrades. Only 76,000 miles on chassis.
Only 4000 miles on engine, transmission, top, interior, exhaust and the entire suspension!
At 202 horsepower and approximately 2000 lbs (due to light weight upgraded components) this low center of gravity rocket is pure sex with its exhaust note imitating a Ferrari from the 1960s! This car is a true head turner!
Authenticity, performance and perfection were paramount in the 2 year effort to upgrade this car. Parts came from Alfaholics (UK, Alfa Classic (UK) and Paul Spruell Motorsports (Atlanta, GA USA- former USA National Champion road racer in a Alfa Spider 2000).
(Over 53,000 dollars invested in this rare Spider!)
The following items professionally completed 4000 miles ago:
- EVERY Part was restored or replaced if necessary - NO Exceptions.
- Professionally built engine delivering 202bhp @ 7500rpm on premium pump octane
- Custom 11.5: 1 Pistons from Paul Spruell Alfa Romeo specialist and North American National Champion driving an Alfa Spider.
- Dual 45 DCOE Webers
- Feather weight space age plastic honeycomb bumpers with tubular aluminum supports look exactly like original yet greatly reduce weight and vastly improve the polar moment of inertia
- Racing Oversize specially ground valves
- Racing valve springs
- Ported and polished head
- Race cams with very friendly and highly useful torque curve from 2500rpm - 7500rpm
- Highly Unique GAPLESS! Total Seal Brand Rings
- MRP rod bolts - the very BEST
- Lightened crank
- Many exterior engine bay items chrome plated to protect against rust
- Paul Spruell racing oil special control pan inserted into Alfa oil pan
- Electric fan for more horsepower - less drag on the fan belt
- Nuclear strong Carello Racing Connecting Rods
- Piper Cross brand racing air filter from UK yields zero horsepower loss yet filters the air magnificently
- Porsche 911 Aluminum clutch disc
- Tilton Aluminum clutch plate
- Zero emissions equipment remain
- Steel braided brake hoses for solid stopping power
- New Brake master cylinder with DOT 5 fluid
- High performance semi metallic brake pads
- High performance racing wires connect to firewall where space age distributor-less ignition is safely hidden under dash. Windows interface to this computer that delivers mega spark power for easy starting and NEVER a misfire!
- 100% Steel braided fuel lines with aluminum ends are aircraft quality
- Special Alfa wooden gear shift knob with leather boot
- Paul Spruell's gorgeous one of a kind Bundle of Snakes exhaust header with lifetime 2500 degree Fahrenheit custom ceramic coating in silver
- New gear box with new synchronizers
- Alfaholics GTA fast steering arms
- Steering column extender integrated with Nardi Mahogany wheel delivers proper steering wheel location for driver. No more steering wheel too far away- but visual authenticity maintained.
- Paul Spruell's custom chassis stiffener bolted to underside of car makes the car handle like a dream
- New Italian Nardi mahogany steering wheel
- New best quality black cloth top-immaculate
- Powder coated convertible top braces in black are immaculate!
- Carello headlight covers
- Steel pan guard to protect the aluminum oil pan
- 10w60 Liqui Moly Brand Synthetic oil ( same as BMW demands for the M3, M4 and M5)
- 100% New wiring harness for the entire car
- The very finest cloisonné emblems everywhere- NO PLASTIC EVER!
- Wheels are vintage 1960's magnesium Alfa Romeo by Cromodoro- repainted with enameled cloisonné Alfa Romeo authentic emblems affixed to each wheel center.
- Plated lug nuts
- Extra wide 215/60 14 high performance tires from Nexen
- Pininfarina cloisonné emblems on body lower quarter panels in the original location
- Race prepared distributor-less electronic ignition located inside car under dash....controlled via highly sophisticated ( easy to use ) Microsoft Windows interface via laptop by your professional mechanic. The car starts like a dream and has a custom ignition curve all the way to redline with 4 times the normal spark voltage.
- All new high performance suspension bushings everywhere
- Full race track suspension: special Yellow high performance Koni shocks, custom calibrated springs, high performance calibrated sway bars, adjustable front upper control arms and new long lasting performance bushings
****What is it like to drive this magnificent Spider? Watch this riveting 13 sec video of another 105 chassis coupe Alfa set up very much like my car! Put on your seatbelt first!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFQpWyfPZs0
Car is in SW France near Toulouse.
NOTE: Easy to ship to the USA! ONLY about $700 using Schumacher Logistics from Bordeaux to NYCity. Only $1000 to Los Angeles - all in a sealed container. Cheaper than transporting a car across America in an enclosed semi trailer!